D&D 5E Aberrant Mind's Psionic Sorcery is officially the most powerful feature.

Hohige

Explorer
1606307134621.png

OMG, Extended Summon Celestial is insane.
A flying celestial with Charm and Frightein immunity with 90 HP, Multiattacking at 150/600ft +8

Multiattack. The celestial makes a number of attacks equal to half this spell’s level (rounded down).
Radiant Bow (Avenger Only). Ranged Weapon Attack: your spell attack modifier to hit, reach 150/600 ft., one target. Hit: 2d6 + 2 + the spell’s level radiant damage.
Radiant Mace (Defender Only). Melee Weapon Attack: your spell attack modifier to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d10 + 3 + the spell’s level radiant damage, and the celestial can choose itself or another creature it can see within 10 feet of the target. The chosen creature gains 1d10 temporary hit points.
Healing Touch (1/Day). The celestial touches another creature. The target magically regains hit points equal to 2d8 + the spell’s level.

28 damage per turn for 2h.
That alone already kills a Wizard without difficulty :ROFLMAO:

Yes, Divine Soul Sorcerer Remains competitive.

Last edited:

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
View attachment 129105
OMG, Extended Summon Celestial is insane.
A flying celestial with Charm and Frightein immunity with 90 HP, Multiattacking at 150/600ft +8

Multiattack. The celestial makes a number of attacks equal to half this spell’s level (rounded down).
Radiant Bow (Avenger Only). Ranged Weapon Attack: your spell attack modifier to hit, reach 150/600 ft., one target. Hit: 2d6 + 2 + the spell’s level radiant damage.
Radiant Mace (Defender Only). Melee Weapon Attack: your spell attack modifier to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d10 + 3 + the spell’s level radiant damage, and the celestial can choose itself or another creature it can see within 10 feet of the target. The chosen creature gains 1d10 temporary hit points.
Healing Touch (1/Day). The celestial touches another creature. The target magically regains hit points equal to 2d8 + the spell’s level.

28 damage per turn for 2h.
That alone already kills a Wizard without difficulty :ROFLMAO:

Yes, Divine Soul Sorcerer Remains competitive.
Power Word Kill kills it instantly. Wizard wins.

Hohige

Explorer
Power Word Kill kills it instantly. Wizard wins.

"Very good" , A Wizard level 17 spending a level 9 spell slot to defeat level 5 summon. Unfortunately failing, because Sorcerer's Extended Aid gives him HP and even worse Celestial attacks at 600ft, the wizard at 60 '. A Wizard being defeated by a level 5 summon?

BacchusNL

Explorer
"Very good" , A Wizard level 17 spending a level 9 spell slot to defeat level 5 summon. Unfortunately failing, because Sorcerer's Extended Aid gives him HP and even worse Celestial attacks at 600ft, the wizard at 60 '. A Wizard being defeated by a level 5 summon?
I know I shouldn't even bother because you will just come up with some fringe example hand-tailored to counter whatever I say but...what are you on about? Does Banishment not exist anymore? Forcecage? What if the mage goes invisible? What if he teleports away and sends out clone after clone to kill you?

And why do you feel this incessant need to frame everything in this weird PvP-setting? People will be much more interested in what you have to say if you list a new useful tool and the ways it can be used in an actual campaign instead of "Wizard head goes SPLASH!"

Hohige

Explorer
I know I shouldn't even bother because you will just come up with some fringe example hand-tailored to counter whatever I say but...what are you on about? Does Banishment not exist anymore? Forcecage? What if the mage goes invisible? What if he teleports away and sends out clone after clone to kill you?
Can that Wizard fly? If not, It failed and still gets the range.
Remember, It's against a level 5 summon. ahahha

Last edited:

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Hey. If you can come up with "wins" as people create scenarios to counter you, so can we. ;)

The wizard already defeated all of those Sorcerer boosts with his Wish scroll.

Remove ads