Adventure: Into the Wild

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Neurotic]Yeah, but I didn't expect I'd be able to update before today so I figured I might as well letting you roll! ;)
[/sblock]

The Hogoblins decide that the easiest to collapse the heroes' front is to take out the puffy looking unicorn. And they well could be right but through sheer miracle the companion of Nementah is not disrupted by the assault and hold thr front proudly, the the astonishment of the warriors.

The archers focus fire on Rocco and are quite successful and then the warcaster shows his allies how it is done; a magical hand surge forward, grabs the dwarfs and pulls him out of formation!

The shifty goblins then maneuver to trap the isolated dwarf.

DM_Malenkirk on Virtual Battlemat

[sblock=Actions]
1: Hob guard 1 vs Companion AC 2: Hob guard 2 vs companion (vs Ibram (edit: Renquist) if companion fell) AC (1d20+7=16, 1d8+4=7, 1d20+7=22, 1d8+4=9)

Damn, companion absorb everything.

Captain
1:vs Companion 2:dmg 3:recharge 5+ (1d20+8=9, 2d10+3=13, 1d6=2)

This is a conspiracy.

Archers
vs Rocco AC (1d20+9=27, 1d6+2=4, 1d20+9=22, 1d6+2=7) 11 dmg

Backblade
vs Rocco (1d20+5=6, 1d6+2=6) then shift out of the way

Warcaster
Force Lure
1:vs rocco 2:Force damage (1d20+7=21, 2d6+4=12) pulls target 3 square.

Probably should have started with that, but then again, if the hobgoblins had dropped the companion, the subcommander could have shifted them all past/into your line.

Other backblade shifts back from companion than moves around Rocco.
[/sblock]

[sblock=S&S]
Rocco 14/37

Hobgoblin Soldier (The guard token)
Perception 13; low-light vision
HP 39; Bloodied 19
AC 19 (21 with phalanx soldier); Fortitude 17, Reflex 12, Will 14
OA Longsword (standard, at-will) Weapon
+7 vs AC; 1d8+4 damage.
Phalanx Soldier
A hobgoblin soldier gains a +2 bonus to AC while at least one hobgoblin ally is adjacent to it.

Goblin Sharpshooter (The archer token)
Perception 12; low-light vision
HP 31; Bloodied 15
AC 16; Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 11
OA Short Sword (if drawn)
+6 vs AC; 1d6+2 damage.

Goblin Blackblade (The goblins with the skullcap)
Small fey humanoid, goblin
Perception 11; low-light vision
HP 25; Bloodied 12
AC 16; Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 11
OA Short Sword (standard, at-will) Weapon
+5 vs AC; 1d6+2 damage.
Combat Advantage
The goblin blackblade deals an extra 1d6 damage against any target it has combat advantage against.

Hobgoblin Subcommander (The black and white warrior token)
Senses Perception 18; low-light vision
HP 48; Bloodied 24
AC 19 (21 with phalanx soldier); Fortitude 18, Reflex 16, Will 17
Speed 5
OA Spear (standard, at-will) Weapon
+10 vs AC; 1d8+4 damage. If the hobgoblin subcommander hits with an opportunity attack, it shifts 1 square.

Hobgoblin Warcaster (The token with a cowl)
Perception 14; low-light vision
HP 46; Bloodied 23
AC 17; Fortitude 13, Reflex 15, Will 14
Speed 6
OA Quarterstaff (standard, at-will) Weapon
+8 vs AC; 1d8+1 damage.
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dante and Virgil close with the nearest enemy, Dante's chain cutting the foe deeply.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Move Dante and Virgil closer to the nearest enemy in H14(Hobgoblin Soldier 2?)
Minor Action: Quarry the closest enemy
Standard Action: Twin Strike against Dante's quarry:
Attack 1: 1d20+8=24, hit, for 2d4+1=8 + 1d6(6) = 14 damage.
Attack 2: 1d20+8=automatic miss

[sblock=Statblocks]
Dante, Male Human Ranger 2
Passive Perception:18, Passive Insight:13
AC:18, Fort:17, Reflex:16, Will:14 -- Speed:6
HP:27/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:3/6
Initiative +5, Action Points:1
Powers: Twin Strike, Throw and Stab, Marauder's Rush, Off-Hand Strike, Invigorating Stride, Second Wind, Jaws of the Wolf

Opportunity Attack: +8 vs. AC, 2d4+5 damage.
Note: Dante makes an OA on any enemy that makes a melee attack on Virgil as long as the enemy is within reach 2 of Dante or Virgil is adjacent to Dante.

Virgil, Beast Companion(Lizard) 2
Passive Perception:12, Passive Insight:12
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:12 -- Speed:6
HP:1+30/30, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:2/2

Opportunity Attack: +8 vs. AC, 1d8+3 damage.
Note: Virgil's OA uses Dante's Immediate Reaction.[/sblock][/sblock]

quick one: I re-summoned primera so she can be ABOVE the paladin, his square, but 1 square up. that way she was adjacent to max num of allies. no matter, missed, leave her

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Rocco grins as the caster brings him for slaughter, unaware of the skill of the warrior. Rocco spits blood and starts whirling hitting hobgoblin sub-commander and little goblin adjacent to it, his momentum pushing them away from him.

Using reactive force of the push he makes ground roll in front of goblins nose and gets up in the face of the caster.

"Well, hello there. Let me introduce you to Bloodfire." as he swings his deadly axe carving frost rimed wound into the caster.

[sblock=Actions]
GREEN tokens are Rocco's Marks

Rocco focuses on the caster, but if little goblin shifts and is still adjacent (to attack), he takes a swing and on hit shifts out of the flanking toward the wall, but still adjacent to the caster. Otherwise, he uses it on the caster.
If caster shifts, Rocco shifts (on hit, due to mobile challenge, except if dirty little goblin spends my II) :)

Funneling Fury vs. sub-commander and black blade 2 (1d20+8=22, 1d20+7=19, 1d6+8+3=13, 1d6+7+3=11) - both hit, rolls 1 and 2 for damage
sub comm gets slid to M14 (if primera is above the square) otherwise O14
goblin is slid to O14 if commander is in M14, otherwise P14 (P13 if this is unavailable, it looks half in stone) - map assumes primera is at ground level...although it would be advantageous to get her up...

Move: Pass Forward to P10
goblin OA +5 vs AC; 1d6+2 damage. (1d20+5=24, 1d6+2=8) - figures - max damage from the critter!

Minor: Second Wind - gain +2 to all defenses

AP: Dual strike vs. caster and goblin AC (1d20+8=27, 1d6+5+3=9, 1d20+8=11, 1d6+5+3=9) - pay attention: minimum damage rolls! at least I hit the caster.

I need healing, people!

[/sblock]

[sblock=Rocco Stats]
MARKED: sub commander, both goblins and the caster

Initiative +3; Senses Passive Insight 13, Passive Perception 18
HP 15/37, Bloodied 18, Surge Value 9, Surges 9/12
AC 18; Fortitude 17, Reflex 15, Will 14
1 AP
Speed 5

Dual Strike
Brash Strike
Combat Challenge
Combat Superiority
Pass Forward

Funneling Fury
Second Wind

Villain's Menace

[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Mal, can you clarify the location of the bad guys? It will obviously affect what I do. Is Primera 10 feet up and the commander next to me? The map seems to represent option 2. I missed MataVoid's clarification. I'm going to assume this means I can move under the unicorn. If I can't let me know and we can retcon. Thanks [/sblock]

Seeing the dwarf wisked away during the fight surprises Renquist, but makes him more determined to hinder his opponents. He steps forward, bringing the fear of Lauto to one hobgoblin, but his swing goes wide on the other soldier.

[sblock=actions] Move: Shift to M14 (under Primera)
Minor: Divine Challenge on Hobgoblin Soldier #1 @ M13
Standard: Ardent Challenge on Hobgoblin Soldier #2 @ N14: 1d20+6, 1d10+3 → ([6, 6], [7, 3]) Miss. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2620804/ [/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
quick one: I re-summoned primera so she can be ABOVE the paladin, his square, but 1 square up. that way she was adjacent to max num of allies. no matter, missed, leave her

[sblock=OOPS]I saw how it was positioned on the map and assumed it was meant to be on the sqaure north to cleanly lock the front but the drag and drop of VB messed up (it does, sometimes). Sorry.

But not too sorry because I would have prefered your placement! The hobgoblins would have overrun you right of the bat with the leader power to make everybody shift. I'd even have been willing to waste some attacks and double shift just to be sure I really overrun the position.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Flying token]Please come up with a flying token to add on Primera when she is above the ground. Sometime I confess that I am reading very fast because I am in a hurry but I can't miss a flying token.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Mal, can you clarify the location of the bad guys? It will obviously affect what I do. Is Primera 10 feet up and the commander next to me? The map seems to represent option 2. I missed MataVoid's clarification. I'm going to assume this means I can move under the unicorn. If I can't let me know and we can retcon. Thanks [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Nementah meant for Primera to be above the ground in your former spot. I thought there was a mistake and put her on the ground on the current spot. Trust me, if it had been in the air, the round would have unfoilded very differently.

The square you moved in is not currently available but Nementah hasn't acted and assuming she moves primera and that for once I allow actions to occur not exactly at the time they were posted, we will get out of this mess without retcon.
[/sblock]

modest

First Post
Ibram strides up to the goblin closest to Renquist humming an old maritime war song. The goblin is so distracted by the pulsating black light that seems to pour from every crack in Renquist's armor, that it fails to notice Ibram's heavy two handed hack.

[sblock=Actions] Move to M15, swing with Inspiring Refrain on the goblin denoted as "2".
1d20+9;2d12+5 → [10,9] = (19)
1d20+9;2d12+5 → [7,8,5] = (20) everyone within 5 squares of me has a +1 bonus to attack rolls. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2622321/ [/sblock]

Remove ads