[Adventure] Squash Those Bugs! (DM: Dekana, Judge: ?)

FlervaFlerv

First Post
Flervin speaks in a heightened vocabulary, feeling his audience would appreciate the added effort of verbal communication. "Each creature I have encountered seems to have heir own idea of what is passable for living standards, Master Firegazer. While I would not necessarily live in a lack of craftsmanship, others may choose to do so, or some may choose simply to not find the ground a location for dwell at all."

Flervin gives a slight bow to Nicodemus out of habit once he has finished speaking.

PierceSG

First Post
Outside the cave is another black-scaled kobold, this one clad in pale burlap clothing. Beside him is a young human man with jet black hair. He wears black leather armor and bears a mean-looking scar beneath one eye.

The kobold speaks to the human, apparently not having noticed the others yet.

"Finally, we're here! I'll just introduce you to the Boss, and then you can get right to your exterminating. He'll want to make the formal contract with you; he always wants to micromanage like that..."

"Lead the way. Though I believe the rest of the party has just arrived."
, Ashurn turned his head right to gesture over his shoulder. "And I thought I would be the last one to reach here." As he ends his sentence with a childish grin.

OOC: And my, how could I've forgotten to introduce myself. Hi everyone, name's Pierce and my character is Ashurn D'Haran. A Human male Rogue (Thief). Nice to meet you all. :)

Last edited:

treex

First Post
"Ah, another one joins our ranks? It seems that adventuring is more common than what I once remembered it to be..." the Deva says. "My name is Emsy." she says, cooly. She doesn't offer her hand or anything, she just stands there staring at the human.

FlervaFlerv

First Post
OOC: And my, how could I've forgotten to introduce myself. Hi everyone, name's Pierce and my character is Ashurn D'Haran. A Human male Rogue (Thief). Nice to meet you all. :)

OOC: Greetings! I'm Adam, and will be taking on the role of Flervin Deathbeard, a Dwarf Druid(interesting combo if I do say so myself). Looking forward to running around with you all as well

Flervin stands as stoically as his 4'4" body will allow. He places his right hand across his chest and gives a kind bow "I am Flervin, a druid from the Valley of Bone... Welcome to the party." Flervin begins to feel himself relax slightly around his recent comrades in arms, after all, they were all supposed to be working together.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Once the party reached the cave, Lenyara dropped back from her position at the front of the group. As the others made their introductions, she kept her attention focused outward, watching the trail behind them and the surrounding area. She gave the other human only a brief glance, and spoke only a single word. "Lenyara," she growled softly, giving not even a nod of polite greeting before returning her attention to the forest behind them.

Neil1889

First Post
The Minotaur speaks up, "I am Labraundos of Lefkadan, Paladin of Joven. I hope this will prove to be an auspicious meeting."

Labraundos looks towards Deemus and Tak, "As for the poor unfortunate Zak, whither shall I bear him?"

Dekana

Explorer
The kobold in burlap does not seem very surprised that the corpse of one of his kin is being carried by a minotaur. He simply says, "Not another one! And it's Zak? I thought Boss gave him the dagger?"

Deemus and Tak both step forward to greet him. Deemus barks out an incomprehensible reply in his native tongue.

[sblock=Draconic]"I know, right?! But one of the wolves got the jump on him, so the knife wasn't much help. Still, he bravely fought to the death, giving Tak and I time to get to the boat. We'll have a big banquet in his honor tonight!"[/sblock]
The kobold in burlap laughs and says, "Great! I could use a good meal. I've had to go hungry ever since Bacarte - some lousy softskin took my money!"

The Minotaur speaks up, "I am Labraundos of Lefkadan, Paladin of Joven. I hope this will prove to be an auspicious meeting."

Labraundos looks towards Deemus and Tak, "As for the poor unfortunate Zak, whither shall I bear him?"
Tak, showing a little more respect for the deceased, says "I take him when we go inside. You need see Boss, not worry."

When the introductions are finished, the three kobolds lead the adventurers into the cave. Lighting past the initial cavern is thankfully not an issue. Through a combination of torches and cracks leading up the the surface, the caverns are at least dimly visible. The entryway leads directly toward a guard post of some kind. A pair of armored kobolds with crossbows stand watch before an artificially smoothed wall with arrow slits built into the side columns. The guards nod at the adventurers without making any comment.

Just past the guard post, a small group of unarmored kobolds are laboring to load small boulders into a pile on the ground. As Deemus, Tak, and the burlap-clad kobold pass by, one of the workers comments...

[sblock=Draconic]"Hey guys, be careful when you come through here next time! Sessil accidentally tripped the rockfall this morning and got himself crushed!"[/sblock]
This corridor leads deeper into the earth and opens up into a large cavern. The rough stone walls give way to much more polished masonry and decorated stonework. Lighting is provided by large braziers. The chamber is also packed with kobolds - several dozen of them are present in this cavern alone. A few more guards are also milling about, all wearing chainmail and carrying spears, but the majority of the kobolds are wearing rather pathetic rags and animal-skins. The noise level in here is comparable to a rowdy tavern, though nearly all conversations are carried out in Draconic. Three more tunnels lead out of this area.

In one corner of the chamber, an iron throne has been set up between heraldic banners dangling from the ceiling. On top of the throne is a kobold who is vastly better dressed than his apparent underlings. He wears a flowing purple robe made out of fine silks and metallic crown set with an emerald. Deemus leads the adventurers to this kobold. Tak, in the mean-time, relieves Labraundos of Zak and disappears into the crowd. The well-dressed kobold rises from his chair.

Deemus introduces the group. "Boss! We bring cheap fighters, like you say! All good to kill bugs."

The Boss scratches his head for a minute. "Deemus, wasn't Zak with you? Your Common is so bad it's a wonder you found anyone."

To which Deemus simply replies, "Wolf eat Zak!"

The Boss shrugs. "Not another one? Well, anyway!" He addresses the adventurers directly. "Yes, welcome to the Usanbungek clan! You're all here for one thing - to clear out the Dread Tunnel of the giant centipede nest. Those cursed bugs are stopping us from mining any deeper into this cave. We tried blocking them off with a door, but it hasn't solved the problem yet. So, I want you all to get there and take care of those bugs! If you survive, you're free to a portion of the gold nuggets we've mined. I'm not sure how much they're worth right now, the way the market has been fluctuating, but I'm sure it will be fair. Can I count on you all?"

OOC: I don't think anyone in the party speaks Draconic, but I'll keep posting the conversations in sblocks just for flavor.

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
Labraundos found the cool of the caverns pleasing. As he listened to the kobold Boss and Flervin's surprisingly eager response, a thought came to mind.

"Yes, Chieftan of the Usanbungek, the sooner we start the better. Flervin, would do you know anything about these creatures that may help us fight them?"

Remove ads