After Earth

Raylis

First Post
Seeing the others move away and his "patient" not going to go anywhere, Michael joins the other at the door. "Please tell me that you found someone that was actually working in this facility the doctor drools.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
A recap post so to remind everyone of the situation.

So Mel, Michael, Damon and Faris are on the station looking for clues on what had happened. It seems that somesort of disease has run rampant on the station turning people into "zombies". The disease originated from a secret research base on the other side of the moon. Now they have found a survivor who apparantly came with the fighter-craft which you saw in the docking-bay.

Cnosos stayed on "Greed", inspecting the broken alien-android you found wandering near the research base. He hooked it to ship's computer and it began communicating using your comm-system. After a short experimenting it learned to control the comm and is now speaking with Cnosos. Only Cnosos can hear it now.

OOC: Voda, do you intend to completely unhook it or just isolate it further?

Last edited:

Blackrat

Station: Not quite the man coughs to Mel's statement. You might want to check that record he says pointing to a console next to him. He crawls a bit further away from the console. I'd suggest not to come too close to me

Rhun

First Post
"Damon, check those records," says Faris, nodding toward the console. Turning his attention back to the man, Faris frowns. "Is it a disease? Have you been infected?"

Rhun

First Post
Damon seems about to argue with Faris about approaching the coughing man any closer, but finally just shrugs and moves toward the console. "Keep back you," he says to the man as he approaches. He then turns his attention to the console, and begins acesses the video records.

Raylis

First Post
Michael steps into the room, pulling a syringe from the bag, and eyeing the man, "Tell me." the doctor says preping the instrument, "How long has it been since you were exposed to the atmosphere? hold out your left arm. he moves closer to the man, aparently unfazed by his condition or his declaration.

OOC: erm disreguard that I found his description

Last edited:

Blackrat

Damon checks the record which was already open on the console. It shows the soldiers from the research base being brought in and taken to the infirmary. An hour later one of the injured soldiers suddenly jumps up and attacks a doctor leaving him bloodied on the floor and goes on rampage across the station. Later those he had attacked start behaving the same. It starts a cycle of slaughter and eventually everyone on the station seems to be "zombies". Some marines manage to kill of some of them but eventually even they fall. The latest records show the man you found now, entering from the docking bay and being attacked by a group of those. He fights through the station but gets attacked by a group which manage to take him down. He gets away from them and locks himself in the command center. Half an hour later you arrive, taking down the last "zombies".

Suddenly Damon's communicator buzzes. He had rigged the system to pass a signal through if someone hailed them.

"Not the atmosphere, injury. I conducted a full scan. The virus is contacted through blood." If Michael get's closer he allows it but puts his gun on his own head. "I will succumb to it soon."

Last edited:

Blackrat

"What are you doing?" The computer asks from Cnosos. "Oh, you know my mind is so andvanced you can't hope to block me. So, what happened to my body? I remember our ship was attacked by Areq'Dah. My sensors broke in the attack, and I can't make out what really happened after that. Speaking of sensors, your ship is quite unadvanced. How can you fly through hyperspace with this? And by the way. You are aware of this republic patrol ship that is trying to hail you, right. Oh, sorry I must be blocking the signal. Let me pass it through. Let's see."

The thing seems to be quite a chatter.

Last edited:

Raylis

First Post
Michael pauses, "I'm sure you did. Despite whatever first aid training you may have received there are various other tests-bloodwork-tests that can deduce an airborn pathegon from one that is acquired through blood swaping. Unless those beasts were bleeding profusly and gave you a transfusion I highly doubt your claim.

But as you are the only survivor of an attack thus far you are and if by some far fetched means you carry a virus that is slowly transforming you from a thinking man to an impulse driven monster; then you are the best speci-person to take a blood sample from so I can identify exactly how this virus reproduces and attacks its host and devise and antidote. Killing yourself would be a waste of both your life and an opperunity to study the disease in more detail.

Now put down your gun and hold out your arm. After I take a blood sample I'm going to annoculate you with Boost, and anti-coagulate and an infusion of white blood cells which will increase your body's resilance to disease.

Your left arm. Please.
"

Remove ads