Another Terminator: Dark Fate Trailer

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Last trailer I guess I mentally skipped the part with Arnold showing up, but this time all I could think of was "Where did he come from? It can't be the same one? Why is it acting as if it remembers them?"

Nebulous

Legend
I just can't get excited by this trailer. Or the franchise. This story was over after T2 and it has never, and probably won't, be able to top it.

MAYBE if they remake the whole thing, scrap Arnie, and reboot it with a slightly different angle.

Zardnaar

Legend
A shame. I enjoyed Salvation.

I rewatched Salvation recently and it was decent enough but I liked T3 would have been better if they dialed the humour down though.

The main problem with Salvation is it doesn't really follow the lore in T1 and T2 or the tone.

Salvation is kind if like Star Wars or a typical American type idealized group fighting against the big evil.

T1 had horror elements, T2 toned it down but still showed you glimpses of the future. Either way it was more a survival type vibe and humans can only come out at night.

Salvation has them in daylight and things like airstrikes which is a different vibe than T1/T2. Ye ha GI Joe type vibe.

Also they're killing the Terminators fairly easily without future tech plasma weapons.

Also in T1 it's established the machines can't be reasoned with or negotiated with and they move away from that as well so free willed Terminator/Humanhybrids come across as silly along with things like they capture Kyle Reese and don't just terminate him instead.

And if judgement day can't be prevented it kind of makes T1and T2 pointless.

It's why I think a lot of reboots and latter day sequals fall flat. Some simple rules to obey IMHO.

1. Be respectful of the original source material.

2. Internal consistency in your franchises rules/logic etc.

3. Don't negate the achievements of the original heroes/protagonists.

T3 the tone was off at least they tried though, Salvation and Genesys they just gave up.

I don't think this new one is going to do very well. It's going to violate rule 1 and 3 a lot.

Last edited:

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
The main problem with Salvation is it doesn't really follow the lore in T1 and T2 or the tone ..

.. Salvation has them in daylight and things like airstrikes which is a different vibe than T1/T2. Ye ha GI Joe type vibe.
Replying to just this part, because I was just watching this:

At 11:43 "The executive producer begged us to write more of the scenes as daytime because of the perceived cost difference, but I plunged madly on. It seemed so important, stylistically, to keep the film a night film as much as possible."

Zardnaar

Legend
Replying to just this part, because I was just watching this:

At 11:43 "The executive producer begged us to write more of the scenes as daytime because of the perceived cost difference, but I plunged madly on. It seemed so important, stylistically, to keep the film a night film as much as possible."

Never seen this clip before.

I watched The Terminator last week. Hadn't seen it since probably the early 90s.

It's a lot darker than the later films literally and in tone. T2 kind of followed it up, T3 I thought was clever but tried to be to funny.

I went to T3 at the theatre with very low exp ectations but came away pleasantly surprised.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases