• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone Willing To Run Kingmaker? (Full)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Players and Characters???

DH- General/Councilor
Shayuri- Spymaster/Royal Assassin
Insight- Ruler
Kaodi- Warden/Marshall
HM- ???
DT- ???

Combos left:
Magister/Treasurer
Grand Diplomat/High Priest

I'll have a concept up tonight leaning towards druid or cleric of nature. So could be the High Priest.

HM

Disposable Hero

First Post
Hehe you want a barbarian as a general and councilor? I'll do it muhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I can get away from the barbarian and go with either oracle (battle) or a paladin. Both I think would be more 'respected' than a barbarian. Maybe even a good ol' fighter.

Maybe even an inquisitor or Adabar...I'll look over what I can roll with. However I ask to be granted access to the inquisitions in the UM book. If the answer is no I'm fine with it but I think an inquisitor of Adabar with the Conversion inquisition would be fun.

Thats what I have so far.

Last edited:

mazzoli

First Post
I think it would be nifty to have a barbarian general. It would put your nation in the vein of the various Gallic and Gothic states that popped up after the collapse of the Roman empire. Definitely a different feel from all of the medieval England clones you probably see when this gets run.

GlassEye

Adventurer
I've been reading along since the beginning of the thread and just wanted to inject a couple of comments here. Six characters and a high point buy will make the encounters pretty easy (ime). And add in that you can pretty much count on only one encounter an ic day and nova during it will make them even easier. The DM could make them tougher but that's extra work.

Also, doubling up on kingdom roles is discouraged by the AP. The idea is for the characters to fill some roles (preferably the ruler role plus others) and then recruit NPCs for the other unfilled roles.

Anyway, have a good game!

Disposable Hero

First Post
I'm going to make my barbarian towards the general with less emphasis on Charisma.

GE is correct about the PB, do you plan on making them harder or should be reduce it to 20? I haven't read anything beyond the PG.

mazzoli

First Post
If you want to reduce the point buy so that it can be run as is, that's fine. My plan was to increase the number of enemies if it makes sense, or if it doesn't make sense an easy encounter here and there is fine. I could also do wandering monster checks, but I don't want to have a bunch of dragged out pbp combats if I can avoid it. Personally, I would prefer to just reduce the point buy (I'm a fan of lower powered characters), but this game is the brainchild of the players, so it's up to you and I can easily adapt.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads