Bad Movies You Liked

Zardnaar

Legend
Well, Labyrinth is estimated as having a $25 million dollar production budget, but made about $13 million at the box office. That's... not good financial performance.

I only found that out a few years ago.

People seem to like the movie though. Maybe David Bowie in tights isn't for everyone. It's one of my favorite movies of all time.

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
Official flop that I like is "The 13th Warrior", or "The Thing". Probably considered bad, but good, is Corman's "Galaxy of Terror", and not for the worm sex scene with Taaffe O'Connell; it didn't do so bad box office vs budget though. Afterwards, I'm sort of a fan of bad movies: Trancers, The Ice Pirates, The Keep, From Beyond, Re-Animator, etc.. Plus I like movies that might be considered bad but are great like Videodrome, Repo Man, or Hardware.
[h=1][/h]

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
My problem was the uber-cheesy make-up/special effects. And the fact that it did not have the incredible Basil Poledouris for the soundtrack (it had a cheesy knock off that did a poor job of trying to sound like Basil Poledouris).

Um, Basil Poledouris did score Conan the Destroyer. It's not as great as his score for Conan the Barbarian, but there is still some good music in there.

Mallus

Legend
This is tough. By definition, if I enjoyed a movie, I don't think it's 'bad'. 'Did I like it?' is always the first question I ask when performing criticism. Anyway, I'll need to think about this more so lets start with expensive box office failures.

The Watchowski's Cloud Atlas. Loved it. Moreover, I think it should be considered an important film, though its importance is dampened a little by their Netflix show Sense8, which covers a lot of the same ground and in a some ways, does it better (season 1 of the show functions as a better adaptation of the novel).

Remove ads