• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: Season 2A Part 10; NSCR/9.23.2005. Mid-Season Ending

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
"Pegasus" Episode #210.

When the Galactica's draedus picks up an incoming ship, a big incoming ship, the crew immediately prepares for a jump, assuming it's the Cylons. But the signal turns out to not be Cylon at all, but rather the Battlestar Pegasus, previously believed destroyed in the Holocaust along with the rest of the fleet. Commanded by Admiral Cain, the Pegasus' surprise arrival, indeed, it's very existence, gives the people of the Galactica fleet a reason to rejoice. But when Cain assumes military control over the fleet, and the methodology of the Pegasus crew proves questionable, Commander Adama must decide whether this new arrival is actually friend or foe.

Cast: Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell, Katee Sackhoff, Jamie Bamber, James Callis, Tricia Helfer, Grace Park.

Remember, this is will be two minute longer than the standard show's run, set your recorders accordinaly.

There will be no hype, no commentary, no recalling of what lead up to what. You don't need it, don't need to hear it, but you are tasting it. And you are feeling it.

Today's Quotes: Roslin speaking to Chief Tyrol--Oh, you're too much modest. After what we been through ,it would be very easy, to give up, to lose hope. But not here. Not today. This is more than a ship, Chief. This is a act of faith. It is proof that despite all we've lost, we keep trying. And we wlll get through this, of all us, together. I promise.

Adama to Roslin: I took your advice, met on common ground. Roslin-What was that? Adama-We both wanted to live.

*Handing out sedative pills for those who will have withdrawn pains.*

p.s. There will be a major shocker as well...hehehe.

Last edited:

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Right. That means BG orgy for me over the weekend. I stopped watching the season
after episode 2. I decided I wanted rather to watch it in bulk.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Viking Bastard said:
Right. That means BG orgy for me over the weekend. I stopped watching the season
after episode 2. I decided I wanted rather to watch it in bulk.

*Placing a crash cart unit, right next to VB*

LrdApoc

"Insert Title here"
After seeing this episode I can say any fears and complaints I had about the initial evolution of the characters has faded away.

I'm not going to spoil for anyone but the ending definately left me cursing that January is so far away.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
LrdApoc said:
After seeing this episode I can say any fears and complaints I had about the initial evolution of the characters has faded away.

I'm not going to spoil for anyone but the ending definately left me cursing that January is so far away.

*Train Viper Guns on LrdApoc* :p

Last edited:

LrdApoc

"Insert Title here"
There is some small joy at being a newspaper critic.. I get to see some of my favorite shows a little early...

Fans won't be disappointed.. and the best news- the teaser doesn't ruin the show.

Oh My God.. I can't believe they did that...

Okay.. not wanting to spoil anything for anyone before Friday but let me say for the record that any trepidation I had about this show is gone. There is no doubt that this is the best Sci-Fi series I have ever seen and the storytelling surpasses anything I expected based on the weekness of the early episodes and some problems with the Miniseries.

I early on talked about the lack of hope, family and cohesion in the characters and I came to realize that by starting dark and 'human' the story had so much more room to grow. After a Season and a half I have to say that growth has definitely happened. The detached, cold Cmdr. Adama is no more, the wimpy Apollo is also gone - Ron Moore and his fellow producers and writers are producing what may be the most impressive continuing story ever filmed.

I had questions about how well they could sustain the premise but if they continue on the path they have set here there is no question that Galactica has a great future... The finale ends as predicted on a cliffhanger. The frustration, anger and excitement I felt at that last scene left me screaming that I have to wait for January to see the resolution and aftereffects. SG-1 and Atlantis, while good finales did not leave me with that feeling. Even last years finale wasn't this tightly scripted and exciting. If they can continue with this level of quality you'll find me a Galactica apostle.

Ghostwind

First Post
Hmmm, gues I need to decide whether I want to keeping watching the new Dr. Who or switch over to BG on my downloads from my friend since I don't get either here.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
LrdApoc=If they can continue with this level of quality you'll find me a Galactica apostle.

*Standing waist deep with waiting arms, to baptise the newest member*

Yes...yes, I hear ya. AMEN. ;)

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Just like you, the premise of the show, well, from the mini-series. I heard mixed-reviews.

There was apprehesion, on the major scale.

Then much later, I saw the mini...

My mind flipped.

Then the TV series came about. The impression of the mini-series sat hard in my mind, the outline of the story, the characters, the way it was illustrated. Hit certain points with me.

First Impressions are important...especially, when it comes to sci-fi stuff. As with Firefly, to my ever-loving regret...that show had the stuff, of telling the story. But I didn't watch it, cause maybe, I was being picky, again I don't really know. And maybe I won't either.

Now, with BSG, the terms of military, hopelessness, genocide, war, struggles, are premises quite familiar with me. These outlines I can identify with. I have warned people in the past, that this show will push buttons...and as proof...got a closed thread ;) .

I began the see the picture early on, that this show, will be pushing the limits of human morality, and lord it has.

I may have suggested, but if didn't that this show is a great DM tool, on how to tell a story.

Right now...that premise has not changed.

People wondered on where things were going, question the motives of characters, didn't like certain actors, blah, blah...you get it. :)

As LrdApoch has said, it will leave you vexed, upset, screaming on the bloody tease semi-ending, that hangs in suspension, until January.

I will be making sure, that I have my mini-towel, for the tears, on the side.

To anyone, who has detracters about this series, yes, it may not be your cup of tea, was the same way I felt about Firely (loving it now), but as a viewer and reader of all things...science fiction.

Don't deny yourself the opportunity, to enjoy someone else's interpertation of a story, cause...there are elements within, you might miss.

And blast it, I made a commentary... :lol:

LrdApoc said:
There is some small joy at being a newspaper critic.. I get to see some of my favorite shows a little early...

Fans won't be disappointed.. and the best news- the teaser doesn't ruin the show.

Oh My God.. I can't believe they did that...

Okay.. not wanting to spoil anything for anyone before Friday but let me say for the record that any trepidation I had about this show is gone. There is no doubt that this is the best Sci-Fi series I have ever seen and the storytelling surpasses anything I expected based on the weekness of the early episodes and some problems with the Miniseries.

I early on talked about the lack of hope, family and cohesion in the characters and I came to realize that by starting dark and 'human' the story had so much more room to grow. After a Season and a half I have to say that growth has definitely happened. The detached, cold Cmdr. Adama is no more, the wimpy Apollo is also gone - Ron Moore and his fellow producers and writers are producing what may be the most impressive continuing story ever filmed.

I had questions about how well they could sustain the premise but if they continue on the path they have set here there is no question that Galactica has a great future... The finale ends as predicted on a cliffhanger. The frustration, anger and excitement I felt at that last scene left me screaming that I have to wait for January to see the resolution and aftereffects. SG-1 and Atlantis, while good finales did not leave me with that feeling. Even last years finale wasn't this tightly scripted and exciting. If they can continue with this level of quality you'll find me a Galactica apostle.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads