• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BattleStar Galactica:Season 3.0--10/13/06--Arc 2

The Serge

First Post
It would be nice if Baltar ends up staying with the Cylons in a manner that is a kind of reaction against the original series... A kind of prisoner of the cylons and forced (or manipulated into thinking that it's best) to hunt down the fleet.

As for the cylon factions, I see them further dividing, perhaps to the point of war.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Here's the events from last episode:

• -Turns out Gaeta found out about the execution list and warns the resistance.
  • -The Resistance under the Chief's command are already there and the gunfire we hear at the end of last week was the resistance opening fire. Along with the marine detachment from Galactica, it appears the Cylons are killed and those humans doomed to die on the trucks are saved. Brother Cavel is shot. They leave him to suffer.
  • -The cylon ambush on the Galactica troop rendezvous zone is eliminated too.
  • -The Cylons apparently find downloading far more uncomforatble with each death. Cavel says this is his third time dying, and it gets worse each time. This last one felt like a hot poker going through his head. The Cylons are not happy. The Cylon "Cabinet" in front of Baltar on Colonial One rumble and one mentions the fallback plan to just nuke the entire camp from orbit.
  • -A Cylon is found with the map Ellen stole. It has Anders' handwriting on it, that he put on it *just* before it was supposed to be burned. Anders knows beyond any doubt they were sold out by Ellen immediately. Ellen is later captured by Anders, who does not put up with any of her excuses. She is brought down to the tunnels at gunpoint. Her treachery is exposed to Col Tigh. What Tigh does about it apart from gape in horror is left as a cliffhanger.
  • -Dana has a dream and goes to an Oracle among the humans. She eats Kamala root and prophesies to Dana that Hera - who she names by name - is alive and Dana will know true love when she holds her in her arms.
  • -Some crap with Starbuck and Casey. Not much of consequence. "Mommy is sorry she left her alone". Not much happening here with Starbuck at all.
  • -Roslin tells Anders that Hera and her mother must get off the planet, no matter what. Priority #1. Roslin does not tell him why.
  • -Sharon goes into the main Cylon HQ, quickly located and steals the launch keys. She is confronted in the act by Dann'a who recognizes here and tries to turn her back to the Cylon cause. Dann'a tells Sharon her baby is alive. Sharon does not believe her and kneecaps her with a pistol and flees.
  • -Launch Keys are passed out Sharon asks the chief if he saw Hera's ashes. He says he did.
  • -The Galactica readies for the attack and the order to jump to New Caprica is given.
--roll credits

Last edited:

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
Truth Seeker said:
Well, if it were 2 hours...I don't think, a lot of us, will get any sleep. ;)
BSG is the reason I have DVR now.
At the beginning of season 2 they only scheduled the show at 10pm Friday and 11pm Monday.
I game on Saturdays and staying up that late on Mondays was killing me. :)

LightPhoenix

First Post
wingsandsword said:
There are apparently factions within Cylon society, so they may well have other projects, they might only have a portion of their resources devoted to warfare, they might well be terraforming their homeworld, or engaged in major scientific research, or exploring the galaxy separately.

Pretty much exactly what Ron Moore says in the podcast. New Caprica isn't the only thing they're doing.

LightPhoenix said:
Pretty much exactly what Ron Moore says in the podcast. New Caprica isn't the only thing they're doing.

I'm still waiting for "the plan" the credits keep telling me the Cylons have.

This week felt like just a bridge between last and next week, not really its own piece. Not that I'm complaining.

I, too, loved the line about Ellen and Saul being the kids' foster parents. Even more than the line, though, the *look* on Ellen's face--which pretty clearly says "That is so true"--sells that moment for me.

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
Aesthetic Monk said:
I'm still waiting for "the plan" the credits keep telling me the Cylons have.
I believe they dumped their original plan of killing all humans and replaced it with converting all humans to monotheism.
Soon it will be back to their original plan, because that's much more interesting.

Remove ads