• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BattleStar Galactica:Season 3.0--10/20/06--Arc 3

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
I guessamatted, that she was off the ground by 500 feet or so, when BSG jumped back into space. If she had hit, man...it wouldn't have been a pretty sight.
Steel_Wind said:
It jumped in - and immediately dropped like a rock plummeting to its fiery death, too. The Galactica is not an atmospheric craft and would have been destroyed. It is only a second jump out of the atmosphere some 30 seconds later that prevented its destruction.

Jeremy

Explorer
Very cool estimation of arrival on modern day earth. I like it! :)

If they do show up in 1980's earth it'll only be a jokesy one-off in the 100th episode in season 10.5.

And what would have happened if Galactica's jump had been an instant later, while it was shattering on impact? :D

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Well, I finally saw this episode. It was indeed a standout.

The woman who played Maya has found a steady, and probably better paying gig, at Eureka, and that is likely why they killed her character her - she was not available.

Based on commercials, thing look bad for Mr. Gaeta.

I think Ellen is dead.

Looks like Zerek and Roslyn have reached an accord.

The 'stach is gone, but the Fat is still around.

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
The Grumpy Celt said:
Based on commercials, thing look bad for Mr. Gaeta.
Yep, poor idealist Mr. Gaeta. He's one of my favorite background characters.

The Grumpy Celt said:
I think Ellen is dead.
Yep. The BSG podcast said it was a sad thing to lose the actress.

The Grumpy Celt said:
Looks like Zerek and Roslyn have reached an accord.
Yep. But I bet that will change after a while. They were about to die afterall.

The Grumpy Celt said:
The 'stach is gone, but the Fat is still around.
Only for now. It'll go away in time.

Fast Learner

First Post
I was talking to a friend yesterday and pointed out that I was sure Casey wasn't Starbuck's kid from the get-go because she was too old. Then my friend pointed out that they'd been on New Caprica for more than a year and that she wasn't. I recalled that and wondered why she seemed too old to me, and then it hit me: it's not that Casey seems too old, it's that Hera seems to be way too young.

As I understand the timeline, Casey (if she really had been Starbuck's kid) and Hera should have been about the same age, but Casey's clearly a toddler and Hera's at most six months-old (and she looks more like three months). It seems like either a mistake on the part of the BSG folks or that Hera's stunted or something, but the fact that they don't bring up her infantile status makes me think it's a mistake. What's with that? Any thoughts?

dravot

First Post
Fast Learner said:
I was talking to a friend yesterday and pointed out that I was sure Casey wasn't Starbuck's kid from the get-go because she was too old. Then my friend pointed out that they'd been on New Caprica for more than a year and that she wasn't. I recalled that and wondered why she seemed too old to me, and then it hit me: it's not that Casey seems too old, it's that Hera seems to be way too young.

As I understand the timeline, Casey (if she really had been Starbuck's kid) and Hera should have been about the same age, but Casey's clearly a toddler and Hera's at most six months-old (and she looks more like three months). It seems like either a mistake on the part of the BSG folks or that Hera's stunted or something, but the fact that they don't bring up her infantile status makes me think it's a mistake. What's with that? Any thoughts?

Toddlers are too difficult to deal with on film. Most tv babies are infants for way too long, and then mysteriously become 3.5 years old. ;)

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Fast Learner said:

The impression I got was that the cyclons were claiming to have genetically created Casey at an older age, while Hera was born through a fairly natural birthing process.

But yeah, I thought Casey was way too old as well.

BobROE

Explorer
Fast Learner said:

It didn't make sense to me that Casey was half-Cylon cause if she was why would any of them care about Hera?

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Jeremy said:
Very cool estimation of arrival on modern day earth. I like it! :)

Actually, given time and assistance from the fleet, we could probably build some decent defense satellites to provide a stopgap defense, and get boostrapped into space fairly quickly.

We'd still probably go down in flames, but with a much better casualty ratio.

And what would have happened if Galactica's jump had been an instant later, while it was shattering on impact? :D

A BIG explosion.

Brad

Remove ads