• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BattleStar Galactica:Season 3.0--10/20/06--Arc 3

Steel_Wind

Legend
Arrive on present day earth? I can well imagine that intelligence report as they orbit on the dark side of the moon...

[Gaeta to Roslin and Adama]: ...Trucks, tanks, water borne vehicles...not so good. But there's more small arms down there than anyone can count or use. Lots of missiles, short range mind you. The atmospheric aircraft aren't much use on their own, but they do have some interesting composite materials...Dradis couldn't even pick some of them up. And they have missile ships that go under the water too. A lot of those.

[Adama, dryly]: Yes, well - if the Cylons invade by water, our lost cousins will be ready for them.

[Roslin, looking at report sternly]: Mr. Gaeta, there is a typographical error in the column under nuclear weapons here. There's enough nukes listed here to blow up every remotely habitable planet within a 1000 light years of Earth with enough left over to nuke each of the 12 Colonies all over again...

[Gaeta]: Uhm...that's not a typo Madam President.

[Adama]: 65,000 nuclear weapons? You can't be serious?

[Roslin]: If we had the years to rebuild a fleet, and put those nukes on new missiles...65,000...

[Gaeta]: There are unused pits for even more than that , we think. They are...rather advanced in nuclear weapon technology, actually.

[Adama]: Just what are these nukes for Mr. Gaeta?

[Gaeta]: Near as we can tell, the major factions in the 13th colony have them pointed at each other, sir...

**Roslin & Adama look at each other in stunned silence**

[Roslin]: That will be all, Mr. Gaeta.

Last edited:

Banshee16

First Post
Steel_Wind said:
And of course one base star survives. That's the one Dann'a, Caprica Six, Boomer and Baltar get away to, presumably.

I just noticed something....did Boomer go bad again? I thought she was a Helo and a colonnial officer? Or has she been captured? Or pretending to be bad to infiltrate the Cylons?

I've missed the last two episodes, so I've missed something..

Banshee

Steel_Wind

Legend
Banshee16 said:
I just noticed something....did Boomer go bad again? I thought she was a Helo and a colonnial officer? Or has she been captured? Or pretending to be bad to infiltrate the Cylons?

I've missed the last two episodes, so I've missed something..

Banshee

Boomer is the original Model, on the Galactica that shot Adama, was herself killed by Callie and was downloaded back to Caprica. She ended up going to New Caprica with Caprica Six when the Cylons invaded that planet in last season's final episode.

Sharon Agathon is the model that got pregnant and went with Helo back to Galactica.

With the Galactica jumping into new Caprica atmosphere, I wonder how they want to top that next.
Remember, at the end of season 1, Boomer complained that Gaeta had plotted a course to near the planets atmosphere.
In the first half of season 2 they said they couldn't jump with the Galactica into Kobols atmosphere. In the second half, a group of Raptors jumped into Capricas atmosphere (one inside a mountain
In the first half of season 3 now, Galactica itself jumps into the atmosphere of New Caprica.
What will happen next? Will Galactica land on New New Caprica? Will a Basestar jump into Earth atmosphere?

:)

Arnwyn

First Post
I don't get it. Wasn't Hera supposed to be oh so important and "do whatever it takes to protect her", blah blah blah?

Boy, they sure screwed the pooch on that one. Whatever.

Fast Learner

First Post
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
With the Galactica jumping into new Caprica atmosphere, I wonder how they want to top that next.
Remember, at the end of season 1, Boomer complained that Gaeta had plotted a course to near the planets atmosphere.
In the first half of season 2 they said they couldn't jump with the Galactica into Kobols atmosphere. In the second half, a group of Raptors jumped into Capricas atmosphere (one inside a mountain
In the first half of season 3 now, Galactica itself jumps into the atmosphere of New Caprica.
I only watched it the one time, but did Galactica jump into the atmosphere? I thought it flew into the atmosphere.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
You cannot stop indirect or direct fire, coming from Cylons...
Arnwyn said:
I don't get it. Wasn't Hera supposed to be oh so important and "do whatever it takes to protect her", blah blah blah?

Boy, they sure screwed the pooch on that one. Whatever.

Steel_Wind

Legend
It jumped in - and immediately dropped like a rock plummeting to its fiery death, too. The Galactica is not an atmospheric craft and would have been destroyed. It is only a second jump out of the atmosphere some 30 seconds later that prevented its destruction.

Remove ads