• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BattleStar Galactica:Season 3.5--2/11/07--Arc 13

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
[imagel]http://galacticastation.com/Gallery/Episode/se3/300/313.gif[/imagel]

The Woman King

# Original airdate:2.11.07
# Production Number: 313
# Executive Producers: R.D. Moore, David Eick
# Co-Executive Producer: Paul Leonard
# Producer: Harvey Frand
# Associate Producer: Trisha Brunner
# Written by: Michael Angeli
# Directed by: Michael Rymer

Starring: Mary McDonnell, Edward James Olmos, Jamie Bamber, Katee Sackhoff, James Callis, Tricia Helfer, Grace Park.

Co-Starring: Michael Hogan, Alessandro Juliani, Tahmoh Penikett, Kandyse McClure, Aaron Douglas, Nicki Clyne.

The Sagittarons allege that a doctor is discriminating against them. As Helo investigates, he becomes concerned that the doctor may even be murdering patients. Meanwhile, Athena unwittingly brings Hera to the doctor for treatment.​

Bonus Scene Extended

Last edited:

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
It was good by the standards of most shows but only acceptable by BSG standards. The reasons people disliked the Sagatarions was a little abstract, with little real evidence that they were a problem, aside from refusing medicine and being a little twitchy. It was good to see Helo and Athena together.

Steel_Wind

Legend
A play on the Jehovah's Witnesses in the real world with a smattering of KKK thrown in.

A strong performance by Tahmoh Penikett, who plays Karl "Helo" Agethon.

But yes, for all that, not an episode that really moved matters forward at all. The rumblings of Baltar's coming trial were muted and few.

Volaran

First Post
The Grumpy Celt said:
It was good by the standards of most shows but only acceptable by BSG standards. The reasons people disliked the Sagatarions was a little abstract, with little real evidence that they were a problem, aside from refusing medicine and being a little twitchy. It was good to see Helo and Athena together.

I thought it was mentioned a few times that the Sagittarons didn't help the resistance during the occupation of New Caprica. The stigma against medicine and doctors mostly seemed to be viewed as backwards by the other colonists. I can certainly see why they would be hated for not resisting though, perhaps only despised slightly less than actual collaborators.

LightPhoenix

First Post
Volaran said:
I thought it was mentioned a few times that the Sagittarons didn't help the resistance during the occupation of New Caprica. The stigma against medicine and doctors mostly seemed to be viewed as backwards by the other colonists. I can certainly see why they would be hated for not resisting though, perhaps only despised slightly less than actual collaborators.

I hadn't heard that before this episode. Considering how much of this season dealt with New Caprica, I think we probably should have, way back in Collaborators, in the least.

satori01

First Post
I think the show is in trouble....so many more, different, interesting, and more critical to the plot arc themes the show could focus on....
and we get this.

I think when your show is called Battlestar Galatica, but the Cylons are the most interesting thing about your show, there is a problem.

We as an audience learned nothing new, we saw nothing new. We know how Helio is. We know how Tye reacts. We know that in this incarnation of the show, Humanity seems to want to fight itself first, and the Cylons second.

The C.O.C. seems in disarray. Too Many battlefield promotions and demotions, too many ups and downs, to only wind up back in the same place ....sorta of.

The show does not work as a Space Opera...it is not Lost, it needs to be a bit more scripted in terms of plot....like 24 methinks.

The problem I find with Helio centric stories, is in order for Helio to be right and righteous, others have to be shown as wrong and unjust. Juxtapose that with Lee heavy episodes. Often times when Lee shines, others in the cast shine with him. Lee + Anders fighting the cyclons on the temple planet, Lee+ Bill searching for Kara, Lee+the CO of the Pegasus in the huge fire fight, etc etc.
When Lee does well, it builds unity. This is not a critique of the Helio character, whom I like, but a critique of the writing fundamentally.

I would love to see some Human Unity.

Gunslinger

First Post
It was mid-season filler, but fairly well done filler. That said, I'd definitely like to get back to space battles. When was the last time we had a good engagement with the Cylon fleet?

Kaodi

Hero
Am I to take from the strange silence on the issue that " Baltar " has appeared to Caprica Six before, the same way " Caprica Six " appears to Baltar? I mean, if nothing else, I thought that was quite the twist...

Volaran

First Post
We were actually first exposed to that last season in "Downloaded", and at that point, it seemed implied that it had been happening for quite a while. However, they way "Head-Baltar's" appearance to Caprica-Six was greeted by her, I'd say he hadn't shown himself to her in a while.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads