Spelljammer Beadle & Grimms’ Spelljammer Platinum Edition

If you have a few hundred dollars durning a hole in your pocket, Beadle & Grimms’ customary platinum edition of WotC’s latest D&D book is available for preorder. Mars needs Goblins!* Actually, this has nothing to do with Mars, but it does have to do with space. Also, no goblins to speak of. So maybe we walk that title back and start over. Wildspace needs you!** Get ready for the greatest...

If you have a few hundred dollars durning a hole in your pocket, Beadle & Grimms’ customary platinum edition of WotC’s latest D&D book is available for preorder.

Mars needs Goblins!*

Actually, this has nothing to do with Mars, but it does have to do with space.

Also, no goblins to speak of.

So maybe we walk that title back and start over.

Wildspace needs you!**

Get ready for the greatest space adventure of all time—yours! Jump into the Wildspace adventure of Spelljammer: Adventures in Space* and explore new worlds, encounter new creatures,** and jump from spaceship to spaceship like the Space Pirate you always wanted to be!

This Limited Edition Platinum set includes:
  • Collector's Platinum Edition Box
  • Exploded Books: all three books included as soft-covers with a player-only section
  • DM Screen: original art outside with Spelljammer specifics inside
  • Pre-generated characters specific to a Spelljammer campaign setting
  • Encounter Cards and Ship Cards to show your players the creatures, NPCs and ships they'll encounter on their astral adventure
  • Booklet of Bonus Encounters with original adventures and art
  • In-world handouts to give to your players
  • Map Tube with original battle maps and poster-size map
  • A package of individual ship maps
  • All new Spelljammer: Adventures in Space magic item and spell cards
  • Amazing In-world artifacts
  • 20 specially curated WizKids pre-painted Spelljammer minis in their own collector's box
* No one needs goblins.
** Unless you’re a goblin (see above).
*** See, that worked out fine. At Beadle & Grimm’s our creative process is built around surprise, fear, speed, and very little editing.
**** Maybe even goblins. One can dream.

E85C2378-3BC7-4524-9D44-862FED3E7516.jpeg

AF1E0959-A754-4ADC-9B18-811173AB3456.jpeg

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
The very first one was 1000 units for platinum (I’ll need to check again to verify) as I was in for it back then but backed out before the shipping phase.

Does anyone have any idea how many of these platinum editions they sell? I mean, clearly it is enough to keep producing them.
Each Platinum is 1000 units. This will be the fifth, and three of them (Dragon Heist, Descent into Avernus and Rime of the Frostmaiden) have sold out. Wild Beyond the Witchlight is the fourth and, as of now, hasn't sold out yet.

I'm still kicking myself for not getting Avernus and Frostmaiden before they sold out. They go for 3x or more on the secondary market nowadays, when you can even find them.

Last edited:

Emptying 401k as we speak. A three time return in amazing. And I'll just assume RPG box sets are recession proof.
Generally, collector's items are more inflation-proof than recession-proof (So, right now is a good time to get them). They don't necessarily drop in value during a recession, but they're harder to sell if you need the cash. If you can weather the storm, though, they're worth the investment in the long run.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Each Platinum is 1000 units. This will be the fifth, and three of them (Dragon Heist, Descent into Avernus and Rime of the Frostmaiden) have sold out. Wild Beyond the Witchlight is the fourth and, as of now, hasn't sold out yet.

I'm still kicking myself for not getting Avernus and Frostmaiden before they sold out. They go for 3x or more on the secondary market nowadays, when you can even find them.
Our group pooled funds and we bought Witchlight for our GM as he's going to run us thorugh it next, after we are done with FrostMaiden... Turned out to be about $90 for each of the 6 of us

Remove ads

Remove ads