• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Brave New Planes

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Brystasia Purelove: Half-Nymph/Female (Avenger/Favored Soul/Heartwarder)

Looking downcast and at fault Brystasia nods her head slowly, “I tried to talk him out of it but he wouldn’t even wait for me to get my equipment." Her look turns more serious as she continues, “Anyhow, yes I would like to stay with you as I will do anything to see him avenged or rescued.”

Serpenteye

First Post
Sandorel smiles at Brystasia and then begins to focus inwards to cast his spell.

ooc: How do we play out the Commune? Each of my questions depend on the answer to the previous question and I can't write out all the billion possible "question-trees". Nor can we post back and forwards in the thread for all my 22 questions, that would take forever. So maybe you can just tell me wether or not I find the whereabouts of Conan and his soul?

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
With the first six questions, you learn that Conan is presently in the Citadel of Briny Tears on the Abyssal layer Fury's Heart, as is his soul, though the two are not joined. You have 16 more questions to ask on any topic.

Serpenteye

First Post
He continues to ask about the abyssal lord of that layer, the strength of his armies and any powerful fiends under his control. He asks about the lord's allies and enemies, liquid wealth and magical treasure.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Serpenteye said:
He continues to ask about the abyssal lord of that layer, the strength of his armies and any powerful fiends under his control. He asks about the lord's allies and enemies, liquid wealth and magical treasure.

The ruler of the layer is Talos, but the Citadel lies within the domain of Umberlee; both are Faerunian gods, respectively of destruction and the destructive power of the sea (which he learns from Brystasia, sparing the use of additional questions). Talos, and her co-servants Malar (god of beasts) and Auril (goddess of winter) are her allies in theory, but would be unlikely to aid her save against serious direct attack; she relies on abyssal sea creatures and clergy for armies, and her strongest servant is Melsa of the Crimson Foam, an alu-fiend priestess of considerable power. Many Faerunian deities are enemies of Umberlee, including Sune. Both liquid wealth and magical treasure are immense, as befits a deity of her standing.

Serpenteye

First Post
He asks if it would reasonably possible for them to be able to kill Umberlee without major assistance from other deities? If she was killed who would take over her portfolio and domain? What would happen to her petitioners?

Ooc: (He doesn't entirely trust brystasia's knowledge (or perspective) on those points)

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Serpenteye said:
He asks if it would reasonably possible for them to be able to kill Umberlee without major assistance from other deities? If she was killed who would take over her portfolio and domain? What would happen to her petitioners?

Ooc: (He doesn't entirely trust brystasia's knowledge (or perspective) on those points)

Umberlee could not be killed without powerful assistance, either a deity or a massively powerful outsider. Were she to die, her petitioners would go to Talos, as would her portfolios of destruction; Valkur would likely assume the bulk of her role as a sea goddess, and become vastly more powerful in doing so.

That's all of your questions.

Serpenteye

First Post
Sandorel ponders the answers briefly, and relates them to Brystasia. "The Sea Bitch probably knows about us by now, and any actions we take openly might affect what's left of Conan. It is unlikely we can reach him without first destabilizing the Domain, and doing so would require forcing the goddess into conflict with other deities. The ideal would be to ignite a total war between all the gods of this sphere, and hope that the overdeity AO confines it to the planes. That would be rather difficult to accomplish.

A less satisfactory, but far more plausible solution would be to ignite a conflict within the Pantheon of Destruction. Inciting the lesser deities to turn against their overlord shouldn't be impossible since that are all unusually volatile by their very nature. If we assumed the disguise of Talassians and made a few damaging raids against the major temples of the Sea Bitch it would at the very least cause some confusion. She would at first assume that other deities were behind the raids, trying to implicate her master. And when she turned against them they would lay the blame before the lord of destruction. Eventually her suspicions would shift towards him as well, the sheer destruction caused by our raids would lead her to that conclusion. In the ensuing turbulence we may be able to retrieve Conan from his imprisonment."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Brystasia Purelove: Half-Nymph/Female (Avenger/Favored Soul/Heartwarder)

Brystasia turquoise blue eyes go wide in shock as she listens to Sandorel describe his plans for a totally celestial war. She Nearly interrupts him when he changes his angles of attack.

Still slightly miffed Brystasia crosses her arms over her ample chest but continues to listen as she settles back into her chair. Slowly as her temper fades away her blue eyes drop to the floor as she reluctantly starts to agree with Sandorel.

When he finishes speaking she takes her eyes from the floor, a look of painful resolve on her elegant face, slowly at first she begins to speech, “There is no doubt that the Sea Bitch knows of you and Vilya. Your companions and friends of mine and Umberlee likes to keep tabs of my comings and my goings so in less than friendly circumstances I’ve meet her priests many of times.” Sighing she stops for a second as she tries to decide how to continue, “Sandorel, you see when Umberlee isn’t busy tormenting the shores and oceans of Faerûn she seeks ways to bring harm to Sune. The Sea Bitch is completely jealous of Sune’s beauty and of her many works of art, and her jealously of beauty is passed upon to me…” She drops her eyes to a spot far away a slight confused look on her face as she waves her hands hoping to understand why a deity could think something like that, “I guess in Umberlee’s on forgiving eyes I’m a work of art too.”

Serpenteye

First Post
Sandorel places his hand gently on Brystasia's shoulder, in a comforting and protective gesture. It pains him to see her so sad. His touch lingers for a second, and then he pulls back his hand.

"We may be too late for secrecy, since She probably does know about us and the powers we posess. We shall have to see.
In any case I think Vilya should know about what we have learned. She would be a great help for us whatever direction we'll strike."

He rises, walks over to Vilya's room and knocks on her door. A minute later she knows all that he knows about Conan's disappearance.

ooc: Sorry, gotta go. :)

Remove ads