• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Brave New Planes

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Most distressing news..."
Vilya had listened intently to Sandorel's tidings, and was now pacing in circles.
"What are our plans? We can't just leave Conan, or what's left of him, where he is."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Brystasia Purelove: Half-Nymph/Female (Avenger/Favored Soul/Heartwarder)

Finding comfort in the light touch on her shoulder Brystasia turns with a thankful smile towards Sandorel. The reassuring touch doesn’t lead to the holding that Brystasia hopes, and yearns, nor does it lasts for nearly long enough but his words made sense.

Brystasia sighs as she hesitates in fallowing Sandorel. As she wipes the wetness that is forming from her turquoise blue eyes she thinks back to the last few days, the emotional turmoil and the guilt that rested solely on her slender shoulders. She watched Sandorel, maybe the man she loved, walk from the room she could help but fell weak, as she was graceful and elegant woman with a thousand suitors. Yet here she was unable to make the man claim her.

The ironic nature was not lost on her as she stood up to fallow and it was the guilt over Conan’s predicament that formed the grim revolve to save her friend and force her own feelings and desires aside one more time.

Brystasia gracefully walked into Vilya’s room just in time to hear her reaction. Walking over to the elven maiden Brystasia hugs her in greeting before letting her go to address her, “No where not going to leave Conan to the mercy of the Sea Bitch. Where going to mount a rescue mission.”

She turns towards the dark haired man with her own reassuring smile, “Sandorel has laid the frame work of a plane and I will also pray to my goddess for her blessing and her help.”

Dalamar

Adventurer
Vilya is rather startled as Brystasia hugs her, the desert folk don't have unnecessary physical contact that often, but returns the favor.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Brystasia Purelove: Half-Nymph/Female (Avenger/Favored Soul/Heartwarder)

Brystasia gives Vilya a small reassuring smile and a pleased happy look at her acceptance of the hug and near Sunite greeting.

Glancing around the room for really the first time she notes a number of chairs and claims the most comfortable looking one for herself while she motions and speaks softly for the others to join her, “I imagine we have lots to plan so we might as well be comfortable during it.”

Folding her legs under her Brystasia looks on her companions with her normal smile while they likewise settle themselves.

Serpenteye

First Post
Sandorel takes a seat in one of the chairs and once again takes the word. "After further consideration I doubt that we can keep our identities hidden for long once we have begun our attacks. The Goddess may be insane, but she's no fool.
Since we cannot expect to win in a battle against the sea-bitch herself we should not take the risk to attempt a direct rescue of Conan in her own domain. Not only would she be near-omnipotent there she would also have thousands of fiends under her command, some of them of considerable power.
Her temples, on the other hand, are vulnerable. She cannot posess many clerics of a power comparable to our own, and her other followers are likely of negligible power. She cannot act unhindered on the prime-material plane, at most she could send an avatar against us, at the least a handful of fiends.
My plan is thus that we locate all the major temples of the sea-bitch on Toril, make a list and systematically (but randomly) begin to raze them and slaughter the clergy and followers within. Once we have razed five or so, we present an ultimatum to the goddess to release Conan and pay us a sum of money in tribute. If she refuses we'll contunue our campaign, her followers will desert her in ever increasing numbers and she will begin to lose her divine powers. Sooner or later she will have to obey our demands."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Bryastasia Purelove: Half-Nymph/Female (Gestalt:Holy Warrior/Favored Soul)

Lounging in her chair a small frown crosses Brystasia’s ideal face and she quickly sits up as she address him questionably, “Sandorel, I agree with your plan in general but I have issues…” Her expression turns apologetic as she continues; “I have issues over the money… This is about rescuing a friend and to a lesser part in punishing Umberlee for her continued destruction, and her jealously over Sune. So why is there a need for her to give tribute to us and what do you want to use this money for?”

Brystasia looks away from her companions, but mainly away from Sandorel, as a distressed look forms on her attractive face. After a deep sigh she turns back toward him, “I’m sorry Sandorel, I don’t want to fight with you, but I’ll never be a good mercenary.”

Serpenteye

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
Brystasia looks away from her companions, but mainly away from Sandorel, as a distressed look forms on her attractive face. After a deep sigh she turns back toward him, “I’m sorry Sandorel, I don’t want to fight with you, but I’ll never be a good mercenary.”

Sandorel nods and says in a soothing voice. "The money is certainly not the main issue. I would only include it in our ultimatum as a point of negotiation. It is traditional in matters of trade to ask for more than you expect to get to give the other party some room for bargaining." He shrugs, "Besides, we can always use a little more money. Money is power, after all. It will strengthen us and weaken an enemy of both our faiths."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Bryastasia Purelove: Half-Nymph/Female (Gestalt:Holy Warrior/Favored Soul)

Brystasia thoughtfully looks towards the ground, after a few seconds she simply nods her head in agreement before speaking gently, “Yes, I guess that does make a fair amount of sense.” Her turquoise blue eyes seem to imply more to her question than just the simple words as she looks deeply into Sandorel’s dark eyes, “Is there anything else we need to address?”

Serpenteye

First Post
He looks back, for a moment drowning in her gaze before he pulls back. He shakes himself inwardly, then smiles gently and answers. "Geography. We need to make a list of the major temples of the wet goddess and order them according to priority. I do not have much knowledge about the faiths of Toril, so it would be best if you took care of that."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Accalon Darcanda: Human/Male (Unholy Warrior)

Brystasia drops her turquoise blue eyes sadly to the ground obviously hurt by words not said and emotions not expressed. Simply nodding her head she address both of them, “Not a problem, is there anything else we need to do address now and not later?”

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads