• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BtVS - 12/16/02

myrdden

First Post
Just wanted to start the inevitable BtVS thread for this week.

It was a decent episode, but I found the ending to be far too melodramatic for my taste.

Anyone know when the next new episode will air?

Merry Christmas,

Myrdden

uv23

First Post
I agree. And no matter how hard I try, I just can't take Buffy seriously. The more adult and serious she tries to be, the more ridiculous she comes across as.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
And I'll read the spoilers. For now Buffy is the least of my concerns as the Two Towers looms large in my mind. :)

Crothian

First Post
Just under 5 hours to go till I can see it. Here's the TV Guide Blurb for those who care:

Bring On the Night
60 min.
As the Scoobies research the orgins of the First to find a way to rescue Spike, Giles (Anthony Stewart Head) arrives with reinforcements---three apprentice Slayers. Also: Buffy is rattled when her mother (Kristine Sutherland) offers advice in her dreams.

DanMcS

Explorer
Ok, so I've been watching this episode, 45 minutes in now. Giles is dead. This is the First. I'm thinking back, and I don't think he ever picks anything up. In that last scene, he wasn't carrying a weapon. He didn't help Buffy climb out of the hole, in fact it was his idea to go there. It's really too bad, Giles is one of my favorite characters.

DanMcS said:
Ok, so I've been watching this episode, 45 minutes in now. Giles is dead. This is the First. I'm thinking back, and I don't think he ever picks anything up. In that last scene, he wasn't carrying a weapon. He didn't help Buffy climb out of the hole, in fact it was his idea to go there. It's really too bad, Giles is one of my favorite characters.

So it's not just me.

Yeah, I was watching -- I saw him sit down once, but he touched no one.

Does this make me a nerd?

Honestly, I was wrestling with myself going back and forth over whether or not he's dead. But that show's thrown its fair share of curveballs before, so I'm not ruling out anything. :p

--RonJon

Last edited:

KnowTheToe

First Post
I am torn on the dead thing, as I think we are supossed to be. Giles did not really touch anything or try to help Buffy and did not attempt to train the wanna-bes.

But to the best of my knowledge I can't remember if a ghost ever had been seen by more than one person at the same time before?

DanMcS

Explorer
Oh, he's dead. They're going to drag it out until February or even May sweeps, but he's dead, and we'll eventually get to see the final terrible second of that axe swing when it swoops down and lops through his spine.

That's just evil. I liked Giles. It's not First Evil evil, it's Joss evil. He's distraught because his space western got cancelled (we'll miss you, Firefly) so he's taking it out on his loyal fans by torturing us with this chipper, no-touchy-anything, PSEUDO-Giles! Joss is the First Evil. He created the show, didn't he? That means he created all the evil in it. It's his alter ego.

And my god, did that girl just hit on Willow? "I hope you don't steal the covers."

DanMcS

Explorer
KnowTheToe said:
But to the best of my knowledge I can't remember if a ghost ever had been seen by more than one person at the same time before?

The first appeared to Spike and the ubervamp at the same time. Does that count?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads