Campaign Guide: Shackled City Legacy PbP Game (Game Cancelled)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Sitting down to write the introduction now. quick question: Do you guys want any of your PCs to know each other? It doesn't have to mean they are all good friends but have they met?

I'm thinking that Brother Pi would probably keep to himself, but since Oleander is roguish, their paths might have crossed. Dorin, also, might have some connections to the two since he is a duskblade. There would be similar arcane interests with Oleander, just in a different way.

Bravec Trask and Kane are both divine spellcasters that have the best interests of the city at heart. Bravec is more about the heartbeat of city itself while Kane's focus would be on the people, especially the faithful of Jalivier. There could also be a friendly rivalry. (Jalivier's faith is very accepting of other nonevil faiths even druidism; there are even some old druidic ties to the Northlands when Jalivier was a neophyte deity.)

Just some ideas...

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
BTW, [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION], I just reread your PCs description. It looks good, but I forget to mention to you that the Mad King of Thallin, Varath I, was named king in the same year as The Transformation, which was 10 years ago in game time. His father, Travaithian II, had been a good and lawful man. (He could be a little hard on thieves, however.) It is widely believed that Varath poisoned his father. (Their family name is Dragonguard, just for your reference.)

So, it is possible that Travaithian was coming down hard on the Iron Order and other criminal elements while Brother Pi was growing up. Have you worked out his age yet? I didn't see it on the character sheet. It's not vitially important, but with an exact age I can tell you what was going on in Thallin in his youth.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
A bookworm sounds like the kind of familar i was looking for. Would you like me to take improved familar for it?

Sent from my SM-G935P using EN World mobile app
Yes, since it won't be a standard creature. And we'll say you have access to all Knowledge skills as class skills and a +2 bonus on two Knowledge subskills of your choice.

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
BTW, [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION], I just reread your PCs description. It looks good, but I forget to mention to you that the Mad King of Thallin, Varath I, was named king in the same year as The Transformation, which was 10 years ago in game time. His father, Travaithian II, had been a good and lawful man. (He could be a little hard on thieves, however.) It is widely believed that Varath poisoned his father. (Their family name is Dragonguard, just for your reference.)

So, it is possible that Travaithian was coming down hard on the Iron Order and other criminal elements while Brother Pi was growing up. Have you worked out his age yet? I didn't see it on the character sheet. It's not vitially important, but with an exact age I can tell you what was going on in Thallin in his youth.

Yes, I saw that. Seemed like a good place to learn to avoid the soldiers (stealth) while also turning selfish.

I have purposefully left his age out, as I'm not sure yet and I don't want to make it much of an issue.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Quick conversion of the Bookworm. I'll come up with a dire version later, which would make it a tiny vermin. (We'll say the dire version has an Int of 1.)

Bookworm
Fine Vermin
Hit Dice: ¼d8 (1 hp)
Initiative: +1 (Dex)
Speed: 10 feet (2 squares), burrow 5 ft.
AC: 19 (+1 Dex, +8 size), touch 19, flat-footed 18
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-21
Attack: Nil
Full Attack: Nil
Space/Reach: 1/2 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Bookeater
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft.
Saves: Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +3
Abilities: Str 1 (-5), Dex 13 (+1), Con 10 (+0), Int -, Wis 12 (+1), Cha 6 (-2)
Skills: Climb -1, Hide +10, Jump -1, Move Silently +10, Spot +1
Feats: Nil

Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary, pair, or swarm (10-40)
Challenge Rating: ?
Treasure: Nil
Alignment: Always neutral

+8 racial bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks and a +4 racial bonus on Climb and Jump checks.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Sitting down to write the introduction now. quick question: Do you guys want any of your PCs to know each other? It doesn't have to mean they are all good friends but have they met?

Bravec Trask and Kane are both divine spellcasters that have the best interests of the city at heart. Bravec is more about the heartbeat of city itself while Kane's focus would be on the people, especially the faithful of Jalivier. There could also be a friendly rivalry. (Jalivier's faith is very accepting of other nonevil faiths even druidism; there are even some old druidic ties to the Northlands when Jalivier was a neophyte deity.)

Just some ideas...

It makes since for Kane and Bravic have at least a passing acquaintance, maybe more. What do you think TH?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases