• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Canada portrayed negatively in games?

HellHound said:
In Underground, Canada (except for Quebec) is part of the US. They needed more states. 60 States (the classic 50 + the Canadian Provinces + Cuba). The People's Republic of Quebec (with a population of 8.5 million) is primarily Protestant and Scientologist in 2021. (oooooooh kay...) It separated in 2003, just prior the the US taking the rest of Canada as the 51-58th States.
What did they do with the Territories? I expect our friends in the Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut are quite tired of being forgotten.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
I try not to get bothered by such things. My skin isn't so thin that fictional portrayals, especially those of the "what if?" variety, are offensive. Besides, I'm still hoping somebody will put out a d20 Modern supplement entitled Hockey Rinks and Hosers.

:D

Mark Chance said:
Besides, I'm still hoping somebody will put a d20 Modern supplement entitled Hockey Rinks and Hosers.

Of course, if an American company published it they'd probably call it Ice Hockey Rinks and Hosers.

Now that would offend Canadians.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Fifth Element said:
Of course, if an American company published it they'd probably call it Ice Hockey Rinks and Hosers.

Now that would offend Canadians.

Touche'!

It would also just ruin the alliteration, which is certainly something to be offended about.

Stormborn

Explorer
Fifth Element said:
Quick trivia question:

Name the only two countries, other than the USA, in the world that do not officially use the metric system.

Liberia and Myamar I believe. And wasnt that on the Daily Show just last week?

HeapThaumaturgist

First Post
We here in the American South-East do tend to get a bad rap.

Having lived here for a very long time, it's somewhat ingrained in everyone, even the locals.

At the same time, there are distinct cultural differences. My wife is from the west coast and is having severe culture shock.

--fje

Roudi

First Post
Mark Chance said:
Besides, I'm still hoping somebody will put out a d20 Modern supplement entitled Hockey Rinks and Hosers.

I have something in the works that might make you happy. Don't tell anyone, though. It's a secret.

Tetsubo

First Post
I live in New Hampshire. A friend was traveling in Texas once and encountered an unusual opinion of New England. Apparently (according to a Texan), everything north of Boston is frozen tundra...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads