D&D Movie/TV Check Out Hugh Grant's D&D Movie Costume!

Posted by the Daily Mail, Hugh Grant was pictured at Somerset's Wells Cathedral in full costume. Hugh Grant plays the villain in the movie, which also stars Chris Pine, Regé-Jean Page, Michelle Rodriguez, and Justice Smith. See the link for more photos! https://www.enworld.org/threads/photos-from-the-d-d-movie-set.680570

Posted by the Daily Mail, Hugh Grant was pictured at Somerset's Wells Cathedral in full costume. Hugh Grant plays the villain in the movie, which also stars Chris Pine, Regé-Jean Page, Michelle Rodriguez, and Justice Smith.

See the link for more photos!

1.jpg

Aaron L

Hero
It's definitely got a Forgotten Realms-y vibe to it, especially with the cravat/ascot to give it a slightly anachronistic touch. Purple and gold definitely suggests he's playing someone important and not a good guy, though the outfit also doesn't suggest any kind of warrior or wizard.
Yeah, has a very 'Realmsian feel to me.

Aaron L

Hero
Not sure how I feel about a Dungeons & Dragons movie being reported in the Daily Mail. Just feels....different.
D&D in The Daily Fail does feel wrong. That place would be more likely to feature articles about how the Evil Satanic Influence of D&D caused a poor innocent teenager to do something dreadful.

I guess their lowbrow celebrity obsession just surpasses their urge for gory moralizing sensationalism.

Not getting the Dagult Neverember vibe, but that might be more due to being spoiled with the Neverwinter MMO?

Have you seen the visor shade being worn by Letty?
The Neverwinter MMO uses a cartoony art style that really doesn't work well in live action. See the Warcraft movie.

NB, I think those pictures where taken outside the Bishop's Palace, Wells. I found this nice aerial shot:
1623660577333.png

They might be using interiors like this:
1623660725238.png

This is also inside, looks more Hogwarts than D&D, but who knows?
1623660882971.png

NB, I think those pictures where taken outside the Bishop's Palace, Wells. I found this nice aerial shot:
View attachment 138265
They might be using interiors like this:
View attachment 138266
This is also inside, looks more Hogwarts than D&D, but who knows?
View attachment 138267
Realmsfarian D&D has a lot of time for interiors like that. It just needs more like, tacky stuff and geegaws and so on to fit traditional Realms-y looks. Some bigass new-age crystals instead of the chandelier, maybe.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Not sure how I feel about a Dungeons & Dragons movie being reported in the Daily Mail. Just feels....different.
They cover a lot of celebrity stuff. There’s also photos of Harrison Ford in the new Indy movie. It’s not so much the movie as the celebrity.

Remove ads

Remove ads