D&D (2024) Check Out The 2025 Monster Manual Alternate Cover!

A mind flayer adorns the Monster Manual alternate cover!

Originally previewed on Dexterto, here is the alternative cover for 2025's new Monster Manual, featuring a mind flayer! The alternate cover for the Dungeon Master's Guide featured the super goddess Lolth, and the Player's Handbook was a gold dragon drinking tea with an adventuring party.

The alternate covers were made by artists Wylie Beckert and Olena Richards.

2025_mm_alt.webp
0_DnD_PHB_ALT_Cvr_Full_Cvr.jpg.webp

2024_dnd_dmg_alt.webp
2025_mm_alt.jpeg

FitzTheRuke

Legend
They Nerfed things even farther.
One thing I love about ENWorld - you will see a comment like this right beside one about Power Creep - and the two posters can be talking about the same thing!

I mean, I think someone once claimed that the playtest had nerfed the Monk! The Monk! Can you believe it?

As far as I can tell, the only things that got nerfed were Great Weapon Master and Sharpshooter. Maybe a couple of other things. That's about it.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
not sure what you are referring to, but if they did it is probably deserved. I think overall it is a bump up in power level

I think (for the most part) that the result is a little bit of power-creep, but only because they (AFAICT and hopefully) took a bunch of lackluster features that are unpopular (usually because they aren't, or at least are seen as, not very good) and gave them a bump-polish.

Which, IMO, is awesome because I'd love to look at a list of features and have to actually think about what I want to take, instead of discounting like half of them because they look like crap. And I'm not even remotely a power gamer! Just some stuff can be so lame compared to other things, it's hard to take it seriously enough to bother considering.

It's particularly bad when a feature works really well for your character concept, but mechanically is utterly uninspiring. Or worse, will never actually come up (or rarely) during the course of a game. Why pick it, when you can pick one of those "always on" type features?

Some stuff needed a bump. And a bump is a lot more fun than bringing everything down. It evens out if you bump monsters too, which it looks like they're doing.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads