• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XVI planning thread - Feb 24th: Head to the sign-up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nev the Deranged

First Post
K. Well, since nobody expressed any interest, let alone preference, toward either of the games I was thinking about running, I guess I will just play. No worries. Less work for me that way. *shrug*

buzz

Adventurer
Nev the Deranged said:
K. Well, since nobody expressed any interest, let alone preference, toward either of the games I was thinking about running, I guess I will just play. No worries. Less work for me that way. *shrug*
Keep in mind, Nev, that it's mostly volunteer GMs following this thread. It's hard to say "Run X!" when I know that I won't be playing in your event. :)

What's most important, IMO, is to run something that you'll enjoy GMing.

Nev the Deranged

First Post
buzz said:
Keep in mind, Nev, that it's mostly volunteer GMs following this thread. It's hard to say "Run X!" when I know that I won't be playing in your event. :)

What's most important, IMO, is to run something that you'll enjoy GMing.

Hmm. Point taken.

Well, lemme see what's available again...

I think I'll wait a bit to see what the TBAs turn out to be. When do you need to know for sure by?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
FCWesel said:
Buzz. This is for my AFTERNOON SLOT.

DEATH IN THE TOMBS OF MOLDVAY
BASIC D&D (circa 1980)
FCWesel

damn - are you trying to get diaglo to drive up to chicago? ;)

heh, that sounds interesting - i'll have to keep that one in mind. :)

buzz

Adventurer
Nev the Deranged said:
When do you need to know for sure by?
Assuming no one steps up to take the remaining slots, you've got a few weeks before I need to start the sign-up thread. Jan 30th or so at the latest.

FCWesel

First Post
BOZ said:
damn - are you trying to get diaglo to drive up to chicago? ;)

heh, that sounds interesting - i'll have to keep that one in mind. :)

Not trying to get diaglo to come up, but he's welcome to! I was just thinking a little retro-dice rolling might be fun.

Pbartender

First Post
Trevalon Moonleirion said:
God. I'm not sure if I can work in the VW guy into this Call of Cthulhu game, and I'm almost sad. I mean...I could...but they're high schoolers....

Foreign Exchange Student... He's a young VW guy.

;)

Nev the Deranged

First Post
buzz said:
Assuming no one steps up to take the remaining slots, you've got a few weeks before I need to start the sign-up thread. Jan 30th or so at the latest.

You know what? I'm always complaining that I can never get a game going. If I don't take advantage of a glaring opportunity like this, I'll never get around to it. Sign me up.

Don't Rest Your Head - Serious Moonlight

Players will take the roles of insomniacs in the Slumbering City. By day they are just like you and I, working their 9 to 5 jobs, or going to classes, or both... but at night they join forces as local rock outfit, Serious Moonlight!

Between gigs, practice, school, and paying the bills, who has time to sleep? Eventually rest just stops being a priority, and seeing things that aren't there starts to seem normal... until the first time you hear the clocks chiming 13, and sleep goes from being an unnecessary luxury to being an enemy. Because now you're not just awake, you're Awake, and the Nightmares won't give up on you as easily as you gave up on them.

I will provide semi-pregenned character sheets and dice, just bring a pencil, yourself, and a willingness to push your limits. Your life... and your sanity... will depend on it.

Caveat: I am a newbie GM, and I will be flying by the seat of my pants. Whee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads