• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[CoC] Sick-n-Twisted (Fresh Meat)

kuroshidaku

First Post
Part 1: Fresh Meat

James and Ghjost

Well, it's been an interesting week for you two. You've both nearly managed to get yourselves into prison. But that's allright. You're still both alive. Or dead in Ghjosts case. Whatever. But that's beside the point. The week's over. Time for some cruisin. You're in the apartment you two share. Over to you guys.

doghead

thotd
Aside: "The place seems smaller than I remember ... "

Aloud: "Hey James. You home? I'm gunna cook some dinner. Then I am going to kick your arse."

Last edited:

bruin

First Post
(OOC: scrambles to contrive a backstory)

Cranky and listless, Jim dragged himself out of bed. It was late afternoon, but heck, he rarely got up earlier than that anyway.

"Is somebody there," he called out, walking into the living room of the aparment. Even though he saw Bruder in the adjacent kitchen, he pretended he didn't. "Hello, is someone in here? I must be hearin' things," he muttered, but spent another minute searching the apartment as if suspecting an intruder.

When Bruder was pissed off about something, Jim had found it was best to ignore him altogether. Jim knew at least parts and portions of Bruder's particular neurosis, so ignore him long enough and he might go back to meditating on whether he was dead or not.

Settling in front of the TV, he turned on the news. He couldn't figure out why Bruder was so sore anyway. Yes, he had shown up at the motorcycle shop with a van loaded with stolen goods, needing a place to stash it. Yes, the cops were only blocks away and rapidly closing in on his position. But Bruder had handled them like a pro when they arrived, convincing them that the van had passed by, gone one block north and turned left. What was the big problem? He even offered him a cut, but Bruder wouldn't accept. His loss.

Hmm, he thought, smelling food being cooked...

bruin

First Post
(OOC: adding this because the first maybe left things hanging too much)

After a few minutes, the smell of food eventually overcame him, and as much as he wanted to avoid Bruder's anger, he gave in. Getting off the couch, he strode into the kitchen.

"C'mon, you can't still be sore about my little visit the other day. Lighten up a little." He grabbed a beer from the fridge. "You want one?"

doghead

thotd
aloud: "Hey, look what the cat dragged in. That very astute of you. I thought that we agreed that you left whatever it is that you are into outside. I don't wanna be involved, I don't wanna know. The house is clean right?"

bruin

First Post
"Yeah, I already fenced that stuff, and a guy I know by the shipyard paid decently for the van. I wish you'd reconsider my offer, though; that shop of yours would make a great front for moving vintage motorcycles and the like. Better than the small-time scams you pull on those customers of yours. But whatever you say goes chief, I won't do anything like that again."

With one hand grasping the beer and the other crossing his fingers behind his back as he said this, he returned to the living room and sat back down on the coach, welcoming the onset of the anesthetizing alcohol as it began to numb the dull pain of his recent awakening.

doghead

thotd
"Yeah, but I only scam the wankers with more money than brains 'cos I don't like posers."

"And the bit about the man at the shipyard fits into the catagory of more than I want to know."

He sighs and there is silence for a while as he busies himself with the food.

"Dinner will be ready in ready in ten. If you want to eat with something other than your fingers, set a table."

Bruder finishes up the cooking in silence and puts it out on the table. Thai curry. He gets himself a beer, sits down at the table and gets started. In silence. If James joins him, he pushes the bowl across the table to him. After a couple of minutes he says something.

"I'm going out for a drink down at Jack's Bar after this. Wanna come?"

Last edited:

bruin

First Post
Mouth stuffed with curry, Jim simply grunts and nods.

Later, after dinner and a shower, he'll get ready and head out with Bruder.

doghead

thotd
Dinner done, Bruder showers and changes into an old pair of loose grey pants and a long sleeved T shirt.

"You want to walk or take the truck?"

OOC: Briun, I'm heading out now. Back in 12. Later.

kuroshidaku

First Post
OODM I'll just assume you take the truck :)

inDM:

It's only a short drive down to Jack's Bar, but the wheather is abominable. You can barely see through the windscreen from the rain.

It's fairly easy to find a spot in the carpark, seems decent folk arn't out in this weather. You both hustle to the door, managing to get totally soaked in the process. You open the door to reveal the sight of the dingy bar. Jack's at the counter, serving some guy dressed in black, hood drawn tight. There are a few other patrons tonight, including Bruder's old mate Harry, mouth stuck in a glass, and a couple of punks making out in the corner.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads