• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[CoC] Sick-n-Twisted (Fresh Meat)

doghead

thotd
Bruder takes a deep breath. Closing his eyes he tears down the barriers behind which he has been holding the memories of the dreams that he has been having for the last few weeks. He accepts them. They rush out, flooding through his mind. The cold mountain. The old mans voice. The sword. Recollections wash over him, through him, and flow into the ocean of memories. Perhaps the answer, or at least some answers are in there. He hopes so.

"OK, lets go. The side entrance I think."

bruin

First Post
Jim follows Bruder as they approach the side entrance. He tries to peek in through the windows to see if he can detect any movement inside the church.

doghead

thotd
Bruder doesn't look back as he heads towards the side entrance, but relief and gratitude washes through him as he hears Jim follow.

I'm not sure that I would have done the same for you Jim. You're a better man than I am, even if you never do wash the bl**dy dishes. I just hope that you don't regret it. Damn it, I am going to find a way to seriously mess with that gimp if he is up to something.

Bruder stops at the door and turns to Jim.

"Ready? Lets rock 'n roll."

He hammers on the door.

kuroshidaku

First Post
The door caves in from bruder's hammering. The fire must have been bad just here. As the ash settles you see the outlines of a figure standing behind the alter, and perhaps another 2 at the front door. They take no notice of your entry, apparently focusing on something else.

doghead

thotd
Bruder pauses, nonplussed by the scene before him. He had expected the gimp. He was ready for the gimp. Hostile. Scared. Conciliatory. Confused. Something. Anything. But not this. He had thought that this would be it, the climax, the final scene, the resolution.

He stands dumbly in the doorway, caught in the cleft of indecision.

bruin

First Post
"Well, are we going in or what?" Jim whispers through clenched teeth, getting impatient. He tries to poke his head in to see what's going on.

doghead

thotd
"All right," Bruder hisses back, startled.

"Its just that things arn't quite what I expected. Here, take a look," he adds in a low, but more normal voice. "There are two over there and there's one up front. They don't seem to paying us any attention. Watta you think? Should we annonounce ourselves or just invite ourselves in for quiet look see?"

bruin

First Post
"Stay close to me but keep an eye on the two by the front door." Jim advances towards the figure behind the altar. He wants to see what it's doing and what it's focusing on. He doesn't draw his gun just yet, but keeps his hand inside his jacket ready to do so. He'll keep a reasonable safe distance away from the figure for now.

<SAN 63>

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads