• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cold Truths (part 1: The Missing Duke)

Lazlow

First Post
"Alas, no, we cannot find it," Swipe says, hoping that whoever was holding it would hide it quickly. "However, we will be out of your way soon. We are charged with returning the Duke's body if at all possible," he continued, hoping to buy some more time, "would you be so kind as to show us where it is?"

mps42

First Post
Lazlow said:
"Alas, no, we cannot find it," Swipe says, hoping that whoever was holding it would hide it quickly. "However, we will be out of your way soon. We are charged with returning the Duke's body if at all possible," he continued, hoping to buy some more time, "would you be so kind as to show us where it is?"

"That would not be possible," Varg says shortly. "He was buried with his men. We thought this is what would be appropriate for a leader.
"I hope we have not done wrong..."

Tyler:
[sblock] You get the sense that Varg is hiding something or not telling you the whole truth. The movives for this are, at this point, unclear. [/sblock]

Gray Shade

First Post
"I'm sure that the Duke would have wanted to be buried with his men, yes. Could you give us another minute here, please, and then we will be on our way."

Tyler is awkward--wanting to speak as little as possible to one he probably about to betray.

mps42

First Post
Varg seems annoyed at something but it's hard to tell what. He says "Yes, of course. Please do not be offended if I do not see you out. Much to do. You understand, I'm sure." With that, he turns and leaves, his gurds following behind.

Mimic

First Post
Aleran shakes his head slightly as he hears Gerald's reply to Varg. He quickly places the book into his backpack and indicates to Swipe to do the same with the scrolls, it was unlikely that Varg was going to let this slight go unanswered so it seemed that a fight was going to happen regardless of what he wanted.

"I better get that crystal if we survive this." He mutters to no one in particular, getting a better grip on his staff.

mps42

First Post
Several tense moments pass while waiting to see if Varg and his guards will return. It seems apparent that they will not.
"See ya later horror head" Gerard calls after Varg and his crew.
As aleran stuffs the book into his pack, "I better get that crystal if we survive this." Aleran mutters to no one in particular. He also indicates that Swip should stow the scrolls out of sight as well.

[sblock=ooc] Alright folks, it's decision time. Go after Varg and the glory or take the book and run? [/sblock]

Mimic

First Post
Aleran will follow along behind Gerard. "Let me cast my spell before you engage them, hopefully I will get most of them."

mps42

First Post
Steeling yourselves for the upcoming fight feels very different than reacting to a creature attacking you. There is time, now to ponder your morality and mortality.
A grim silence passes over and around each of you as you adjust your armor and check weapons, the deep shadows in the little chapel only makes the silence worse.
A few short minutes later, everyone is as ready as they are going to be.
"C'mon boys let's get these dogs" Gerard says as he draws his sword and advances towards the door.
Aleran will follow along behind Gerard. "Let me cast my spell before you engage them, hopefully I will get most of them."
Heading out the doors of the chapel you go down the short hallway to the main hall. You see the pair of staircases in front of you, the mess hall behind and to your left and the un-opened door directly behind you.
[sblock=Tyler] Once again, while standing in this room, you feel the chill in your bones but this time it is from behind you.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Manor1.jpg
    Manor1.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 76

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads