Constables of the 14th Ward Part 2

Fenris

Adventurer
Jonas takes a moment to have a breather and asks Thea to help look for the mechanism for this trap as he re-examines the tracks in this area to see if the diverted to a wall first or somehow avoided the trigger area in hopes that they will be better able to spot a trap up ahead by the behavior of their prey.

xedr

First Post
Darius suggests "You know, we don't have to resolve this situation in one trip. We could do a quick survey to get a general feel for how the place is laid out, then come back when they ain't expecting us. Maybe even get Raul resurrected and bring reinforcements? But let's figure out where the traps are...". Darius moves to the front of the party and starts moving slowly forward, testing the floor with the tip of his bastard sword.

OOC: I haven't reviewed the map, but I think there's a right branching tunnel here. If so, Darius moves in this direction, with his glowstick held high in his left hand. He won't go very far unless the others follow.

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Xedr makes a very good point. Perhaps you should withdraw for the present, re-evaluate, re-supply, and replenish your numbers and then come back? And, Fenris, when next you want to track something, just give us a wisdom check, k? ;)

Leif

Adventurer
The trap is on the left side of the passageway, and all of the tracks that Jonas finds seem to be sticking as far to the right as they can, with only a few even straying near the center. (Generally these are the much smaller set of two sets left at roughly the same time, with the larger individual hogging the safe side of the passage.)

pathfinderq1

First Post
Thea nodded in agreement with Darius. "What say you, gentlemen? It seems unlikely they will abandon a lair like this- so we know where they are. And we've already admitted that our necessary caution around these pitfalls will let them prepare an unwelcome surprise. Do we continue pursuit or should we return to the comfort of the city, in hopes of restoring Raul to our company?"

OOC: Either way is fine with me.

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion sighs. "By Morwyn, Meda, and Barcarus! It rasps the soul to turn tail and flee from these base villains! And I would hate to have to tramp through that marsh once more. I also wonder what they would set up to receive us, given the fact that we o'ercame their trolls... But if I am out-voted, I shall abide by the will of the majority."

Fenris

Adventurer
Alarion sighs. "By Morwyn, Meda, and Barcarus! It rasps the soul to turn tail and flee from these base villains! And I would hate to have to tramp through that marsh once more. I also wonder what they would set up to receive us, given the fact that we o'ercame their trolls... But if I am out-voted, I shall abide by the will of the majority."

Jonas, still sore and hurt, pauses in his examination of the tracks.
"Alarion, if you were to face a castle, fortified and held by armed men. And you left to retrieve siege equipment. And then took the castle, is that turning tail and fleeing? If you lack proper equipment, and go and get it to complete the task is that not merely marshalling your force to best use? Or would you waste your strength battering against a gate you cannot break? There is no honor in that my friend. Let us return, rested and prepared. Perhaps with some small skiffs to cross the swamp next time. Besides we must tend to our own fallen comrade. There is no honor in dragging his body through this muck and mire. His remains deserve more respect than that would you not agree?"

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion’s honest countenance cannot hide his disappointment, but his smile when replying to the ranger is equally sincere. “Methinks you all underestimate our chances against these varlets. We do have justice and righteousness on our side. And I would like to think we have shown nothing but respect for our good friend Raul. But as I said, I shall acquiesce to the will of the majority in this.”

[sblock=OOC]Alarion is an impulsive dude, guys… but he seems to be learning some patience from both his fellow constables and from his sojourns to the temples of Morwyn :D And I didn’t miss the fact that at least one of our DMs thinks it’s a good idea for us to regroup… But Alarion is Alarion. He’ll go along with a tactical retreat, but he will never like it :D [/sblock]

Remove ads