Constables of the 14th Ward Part 2

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

"I'm as loathe to retreat as Alarion, but in this case it might be for the best. My battle rage from earlier has sapped my endurance, and it's possible I could summon a vestige more helpful in this situation. And it would be nice to have Raul back with us . . . once he's alive again I'll not feel bad at all teasing him about his encounter with the blades, but as it stands his absence casts a pall on my spirit."

Rhun

First Post
"Then let us withdraw," says Brae. "No doubt these blighters will think they ran us off, and will be here when we return."

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Ok, I think that's everybody, isn't it? A course of action has been chosen.

The constables proceed to withdraw from the tunnel in a cautious, safe, and orderly manner. (Not by choice for most of them as to the orderly part, but that Alarion, boy, he's a real stickler for that sort of thing!) Once you are all on the surface, you begin the journey back to Lauralie Summerhome. After about the same length of time as your journey out here took, you see the city walls peek above the horizon. (OOC: Ready to go home, or is there more?)

pathfinderq1

First Post
As they came within sight of the city walls, Thea paused for a moment. "I think perhaps that we ought to try heading to the temple first, to redeem Raul's health plan. While I am sure that we'll hear a lecture from our esteemed magistrate either way- I would much rather hear it after Raul has been returned to us. I don't even want to think about what we would hear if we trooped in with someone still dead..."

xedr

First Post
OOC: So I guess the consensus is that we shouldn't burn the mill to the ground before departing? :)

Darius concurs with a visit to the temple first before reporting to Iggy.

pathfinderq1

First Post
OOC: So I guess the consensus is that we shouldn't burn the mill to the ground before departing? :)

Darius concurs with a visit to the temple first before reporting to Iggy.

OOC: I really, really wanted to do that too- fire is a very persuasive tool. But Thea is supposed to be responsible and level-headed, and we are constables, so I didn't suggest it.

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion laughs as he walks, leading Bayard by the reins. "My lady, I agree with your suggestion. But without meaning any disrespect for master Ignatious, I care less for his reaction than for Raul's, should he learn we went in to file a report before having him raised..." He grins broadly. "Particularly given the fact that we are officially on leave, and took this task upon ourselves!"

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: It occurs to most, if not all, of you that you might be well-advised to enter the city through the gate in the 9th Ward, so as to be closer to Raul's temple. If you are spotted anywhere near the 14th Ward, goodness knows how many street urchins could carry the news of your arrival to Iggy's ears before you finish your errand....

[OOC: Looks like we're just about to need a good forking!]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Brae agrees with the others. "Yes, let us get Raul taken care of, and then we can make our reports to the Magister."

Remove ads