Cubicle whiteboard: Book titles we'll never [use]

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
The Secret of Jersey Pike Rest Stop #1038
Actually a modern game based on the weird crap that goes on around unused second tier highways and abandoned gas/rest stops could be interesting. Pull a 1st Wave, X-files, Supernatural sort of vibe.

Fan Reaction to 4E Compendium
Depending on how 4e does something very similar in gist could end up on desks there at WoTC.

Tenser's Bible
Yes but is it the King Azoun edition, and if not will it have the snazzy permanent image illuminations?

The Internet's Guide to D&D Marketing
Something the WoTC marketing department should probably have before 5e.

Book of Erotic Monsters
Already have the illustrated version.

Muppet Manual
Well if they can stat up the old cartoon why not? I call first dibs on the Mad Bomber and Swedish Chef.

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
Plane Sailing said:
Most remarkable.

I've actually given up looking, congratulations for the tenacity which enabled you to unearth something.
Their version of search seems to be based on the odds of someone randomly locating any given blog. The easiest way of locating one is therefore to come here.

hong

WotC's bitch
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
Hah! I think I found out hongs trick:
http://www.gleemax.com/Comms/Pages/Communities/BlogPost.aspx?blogpostid=15056&pagemode=2&blogid=2116

That at least gives us the Designer Blogs - only links, there is no way to know when they have been last updated or something fancy like that... So maybe hong has still something else up on his sleeve... But I probably won't know, since he's so evasive about it. I don't want to get involved into the Dark Arts...
Ha! Actually, I just went to the main Blogs page, and then clicked on "List all" or something. Somewhere in the middle of the list (which broke their formatting scheme) there happened to be a link to Peter Schaefer's blog. That's a pretty cool list you found though. Dare I ask how you found it...?

hong said:
Ha! Actually, I just went to the main Blogs page, and then clicked on "List all" or something. Somewhere in the middle of the list (which broke their formatting scheme) there happened to be a link to Peter Schaefer's blog. That's a pretty cool list you found though. Dare I ask how you found it...?
WotC Website: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/welcome
On the lower left, there is a part "Community", and it includes a link to the site I posted. It's been there for a few weeks by now, I think.
You can also use the Navigation Bar on the left to get to "Community" and find some links, but the list seems shorter.

Irda Ranger

First Post
hong said:
Check it out, I actually found a Gleemax blog!
I commend your willingness to even try, not to mention your success.

The Secret of Jersey Pike Rest Stop #1038
Is this a reference to the Jersey Turnpike? Simply referencing the "the Jersey Pike" doesn't make a whole lot of sense, unless you're referring to a fish. But then "Rest Stop" doesn't make any sense.

HeavenShallBurn said:
Actually a modern game based on the weird crap that goes on around unused second tier highways and abandoned gas/rest stops could be interesting. Pull a 1st Wave, X-files, Supernatural sort of vibe.
I think it would be closer to a Rocky Horror vibe, but with less funny. And the Corinthian might make an appearance.

Zinovia

Explorer
Some additional titles for the list:

Unbalanced Arcana *

The Pizza Compendium

Confessions of a Teenage Munchkin

Scooby Doo and the Demi-lich of Dodge City

Orc: The Other White Meat

The Little Golden Book of Unspeakable Horrors

If You Give a Mouse a D20

If You Give a Rouse a Cookie

1337 h4xx0rs for d20 Games

Adorable Woodland Creatures of Faerun

My Little Pony: Mounted Combat Feats

Demon Worship for Dummies: Why we stopped putting huge scary demons on the front cover of books that might be seen by your parents.

The Incomplete Arcane : There are still at least 2 books worth of rules we still want to write

*I really like Unearthed Arcana, so nothing negative was meant by the joke.

Remove ads