D&D 5E Curse of Strahd - Death House

"Right," said Girri for the second time in just a few seconds. "You never did say what 'one of those' was, exactly." She eyed Wergil's chest as if examining the area where he'd been wounded would yield answers, then nodded at Mr. Aldershot. "Sticking together seems a smart move. So does being thorough, as you suggest. Not how I normally do things, but this house...well, this whole area, really, it's beyond the pale. Something's not quite right."

Yavathol

Explorer
"The reason is because I don't know what that thing was, my tutors mainly emphasised history and heraldry - that means those family insignia you see on shields," Wergil condescended to Farshid.

"Anyway, it was some kind of ghost, or restless spirit, maybe the babies mother, since I saw it starting at the crib.. Which now I think of it, does make me think we'll find a dead baby in there.."

Yavathol

Explorer
After pausing for a moment, he continued, "You know, I'm really starting to consider burning this whole damn house to the ground!"

"We could just leave." Girri mused. "I don't suppose you tried that?" She was quiet a beat. "I don't remember why we're here in the first place, to be honest. Something about a pair of kids outside in the square, and maybe a monster in the basement. But we never found a way down?" Blue eyes looked up at Wergil. "If we can't go down, maybe can go out?"

OOC: Yeah, I know. We're likely locked in here, like rats in a maze. But, honestly, have we tried to exit? Maybe after we clear out the top level (which, definitely, in the interest of being thorough, we should do first) we can try the front door before we make a more thorough search of the ground floor.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: I think we can exit fine, but the mists offered no where else to go. There were children, and we were seeking a basement, but sure -- we can leave as far as we know.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Posted pre-rest.

[Kasimir] turned away and glared at the nursery door. Mr Aldershot's strange words when he was barely conscious... Kasimir wasn't sure what to think of it. However, he didn't need much encouragement from Wergil to check out the nursery. He stepped up to the entrance and pushed the door open. His grip tightened on his sword.

[sblock=Kasimir's Stats]
CG Variant Human Barbarian 1
Init +1; Senses passive Perception 13
AC 13/14 (Unarmored Defense/Dual Wield); hp 14 (1d12+2)
Saves Strength +5, Constitution +4
Speed 30 ft

Str 16 (+3), Dex 13 (+1), Con 15 (+2), Int 8 (-1), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 10

Actions
Longsword +5 1d8+3 slashing
(bonus) Dual Wield - Handaxe +5 1d6 slashing
(bonus) Rage 2/2
Javelin +5 1d6+3 piercing; range (30/120)

Feats Dual Wielder
Skills Athletics +5, Intimidate +2, Perception +3, Stealth +3, Survival +3
Languages Common, Abyssal, Orc
Special Wanderer

Gear longsword, handaxe (x2), explorer’s pack, javelin (x4), staff, hunting trap (bear trap), trophy (wolf skin cloak), traveler’s clothes, belt pouch, wooden flute, 8 gp

Wild I rush in, where angels fear to tread. (Trait)
Rebel Your manners, your titles; they mean nothing when the dark comes for you. (Trait)
Abnegation Labourdine honor may be lost, but no else will fall to its curse while I still draw breath. (Ideal)
Outcast I let no one close. (Bond)
Secret I crave and fear the wild power of the Labourdine curse. (Flaw)
[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
The nursery is a small room, with only a crib situated behind a hanging black shroud. The drape is parted enough to see a baby-sized bundle lying in the crib.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kasimir

Kasimir strode into the room and brushed aside the black shroud. He stared down at the baby-sized bundle then looked over at Wergil.

"Mr Aldershot was muttering something about a baby when he lay half conscious." Kasimir turned his head towards the door. "Mr Aldershot!" He turned back to the bundle again then sighed and reached out to unwrap it enough to see its face.

[sblock=Kasimir's Stats]
CG Variant Human Barbarian 1
Init +1; Senses passive Perception 13
AC 13/14 (Unarmored Defense/Dual Wield); hp 14 (1d12+2)
Saves Strength +5, Constitution +4
Speed 30 ft

Str 16 (+3), Dex 13 (+1), Con 15 (+2), Int 8 (-1), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 10

Actions
Longsword +5 1d8+3 slashing
(bonus) Dual Wield - Handaxe +5 1d6 slashing
(bonus) Rage 2/2
Javelin +5 1d6+3 piercing; range (30/120)

Feats Dual Wielder
Skills Athletics +5, Intimidate +2, Perception +3, Stealth +3, Survival +3
Languages Common, Abyssal, Orc
Special Wanderer

Gear longsword, handaxe (x2), explorer’s pack, javelin (x4), staff, hunting trap (bear trap), trophy (wolf skin cloak), traveler’s clothes, belt pouch, wooden flute, 8 gp

Wild I rush in, where angels fear to tread. (Trait)
Rebel Your manners, your titles; they mean nothing when the dark comes for you. (Trait)
Abnegation Labourdine honor may be lost, but no else will fall to its curse while I still draw breath. (Ideal)
Outcast I let no one close. (Bond)
Secret I crave and fear the wild power of the Labourdine curse. (Flaw)
[/sblock]

Remove ads