D&D 5E Curse of Strahd - Death House

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Mr Aldershot responds to Kasimir's summons. "Hmm." he begins, tapping his chin with is club.

"Did I really say 'Baby'?" He works to real the images that elude him, half-forgotten in the mists of dream. "Maybe I did. I remember a pregnant wet-nurse, sibling, or I guess half sibling, of two others. I was thinking the two were those we met outside, but you know how dreams blur such things together. In any case, I think there were children here, a wife and mother with two older ones, and another woman, the nurse, with a baby. Do you think...?" his voice trails off.

Yavathol

Explorer
Wergil glanced in, but soon became bored when he realised that there was no dead baby. He realised that there was a final room on this floor, next to the nursery, which they hadn't been in, and decided to see if that room was clear.

OOC:
Open the double doors at D11

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kasimir

Kasimir looked at the empty blanket. If there were a ghost baby he couldn't see it. Maybe the nurse-maid/mother held it with her or maybe it died when its mother died. If it were dead. He quickly dropped the blanket back into the cradle and looked around to Girri and Mr Aldershot.

"Farshid?" Kasimir shrugged. "You must've passed him to come in here." He squeezed past and stood in the room where they had killed the ghostly woman, or at the least, dispelled her with steel, and waited for Wergil to finish looking in the next room.

[sblock=Kasimir's Stats]
CG Variant Human Barbarian 1
Init +1; Senses passive Perception 13
AC 13/14 (Unarmored Defense/Dual Wield); hp 14 (1d12+2)
Saves Strength +5, Constitution +4
Speed 30 ft

Str 16 (+3), Dex 13 (+1), Con 15 (+2), Int 8 (-1), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 10

Actions
Longsword +5 1d8+3 slashing
(bonus) Dual Wield - Handaxe +5 1d6 slashing
(bonus) Rage 2/2
Javelin +5 1d6+3 piercing; range (30/120)

Feats Dual Wielder
Skills Athletics +5, Intimidate +2, Perception +3, Stealth +3, Survival +3
Languages Common, Abyssal, Orc
Special Wanderer

Gear longsword, handaxe (x2), explorer’s pack, javelin (x4), staff, hunting trap (bear trap), trophy (wolf skin cloak), traveler’s clothes, belt pouch, wooden flute, 8 gp

Wild I rush in, where angels fear to tread. (Trait)
Rebel Your manners, your titles; they mean nothing when the dark comes for you. (Trait)
Abnegation Labourdine honor may be lost, but no else will fall to its curse while I still draw breath. (Ideal)
Outcast I let no one close. (Bond)
Secret I crave and fear the wild power of the Labourdine curse. (Flaw)
[/sblock]

Girri sighed in relief when Wergil flung open the glass-paned doors leading to the balcony. "Well, at least now we know we can get out." She looked around at the group. "Where to now? Is this the extent of the upper storey?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kasimir

Kasimir peered out into the mists then stepped back into the middle of the room.

"The attic. That's the last place that we know of that we haven't seen yet." He looked towards the stairs down to the main floor. "Unless there was a hidden door that we missed down there."

[sblock=Kasimir's Stats]
CG Variant Human Barbarian 1
Init +1; Senses passive Perception 13
AC 13/14 (Unarmored Defense/Dual Wield); hp 14 (1d12+2)
Saves Strength +5, Constitution +4
Speed 30 ft

Str 16 (+3), Dex 13 (+1), Con 15 (+2), Int 8 (-1), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 10

Actions
Longsword +5 1d8+3 slashing
(bonus) Dual Wield - Handaxe +5 1d6 slashing
(bonus) Rage 2/2
Javelin +5 1d6+3 piercing; range (30/120)

Feats Dual Wielder
Skills Athletics +5, Intimidate +2, Perception +3, Stealth +3, Survival +3
Languages Common, Abyssal, Orc
Special Wanderer

Gear longsword, handaxe (x2), explorer’s pack, javelin (x4), staff, hunting trap (bear trap), trophy (wolf skin cloak), traveler’s clothes, belt pouch, wooden flute, 8 gp

Wild I rush in, where angels fear to tread. (Trait)
Rebel Your manners, your titles; they mean nothing when the dark comes for you. (Trait)
Abnegation Labourdine honor may be lost, but no else will fall to its curse while I still draw breath. (Ideal)
Outcast I let no one close. (Bond)
Secret I crave and fear the wild power of the Labourdine curse. (Flaw)
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Mr Aldershot perks up, though he's still woozy. "Um, yes! yes. Girri -- you should see this. you were downstairs when we found the secret staircase." The small figure makes his way to the staircase, but he's wary and lets others go in front of him.

Remove ads