D&D 5E Curse of Strahd - Death House

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Mr. Aldershot taps the lock with his staff, and wonders about what it might be containing within. He turns to his colleagues. "Presumably something is locked inside. Are we ready to face it?" He pauses. "Can any of you pick the lock, or has a crowbar? I can say a prayer to assist."

(if anyone wants to roll, take +1d4 from Guidance, if you wish).

Yavathol

Explorer
"Certainly not! What do you take me for!?" Wergil glared at Girri. "Could you not make do with some of the cutlery from the kitchen, or a piece of that suit of armor?"

"Hold your horses, fancy pants," Girri shot at the hot-headed Wergil. "I used to work in a shop, there's legitimate uses of picks. H'ain't just for thievin'. Sometimes the cupboard'd get locked without us meaning to, an' then it'd fall to me to pick it open." She turned to the others. "So, like I said. I can use picks, but I don't have a set. Any of you other than our suffering young Wergil here have a set you can loan?"

Yavathol

Explorer

Wergil rolls his eyes at Farshid's words, then moves closer to the door and inspects the lock more carefully, "Ah, er..I've just remembered picking up an iron key downstairs. Maybe this is where it fits?"

He inserts the key and turns it, then looks back at Kasimir, "Why don't you open it, Kasimir, since I'm not yet at full health?" He moves back to the top of the stairs.

[sblock=status]Wergil hp 8/15
Str +0(+2 Saves) Dex +3, Con +3(+5 Saves), Int -1, Wis +0, Cha +0
Athletics +2, History +1, Perception +2, Persuasion +2, Survival +2
AC 18
Inspiration no
Rages 2/2
HD: 1/1
http://www.enworld.org/forum/group.php?discussionid=1427
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kasimir

Kasimir shrugged at Wergil's request and stepped forward. He jiggled the key in the lock, making sure it was unlocked. He looked back at the others. It was clear he was eager and ready to open the door but he looked to each of the others to get their silent assent. When all were ready, he pushed the door open.

[sblock=Kasimir's Stats]
CG Variant Human Barbarian 1
Init +1; Senses passive Perception 13
AC 13/14 (Unarmored Defense/Dual Wield); hp 14 (1d12+2)
Saves Strength +5, Constitution +4
Speed 30 ft

Str 16 (+3), Dex 13 (+1), Con 15 (+2), Int 8 (-1), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 10

Actions
Longsword +5 1d8+3 slashing
(bonus) Dual Wield - Handaxe +5 1d6 slashing
(bonus) Rage 2/2
Javelin +5 1d6+3 piercing; range (30/120)

Feats Dual Wielder
Skills Athletics +5, Intimidate +2, Perception +3, Stealth +3, Survival +3
Languages Common, Abyssal, Orc
Special Wanderer

Gear longsword, handaxe (x2), explorer’s pack, javelin (x4), staff, hunting trap (bear trap), trophy (wolf skin cloak), traveler’s clothes, belt pouch, wooden flute, 8 gp

Wild I rush in, where angels fear to tread. (Trait)
Rebel Your manners, your titles; they mean nothing when the dark comes for you. (Trait)
Abnegation Labourdine honor may be lost, but no else will fall to its curse while I still draw breath. (Ideal)
Outcast I let no one close. (Bond)
Secret I crave and fear the wild power of the Labourdine curse. (Flaw)
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Mr. Aldershot is ready for whatever might appear. A small mouse that had been hidden in the small man's sleeve scampered deeper into a fold, and Mr Aldershot was pleased to feel signs of nature and of life in this house of death.

Remove ads