• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Custom divine abilities, portfolios, etc.

Obly99

Hero
I agree, the Legendary Animal template is strong as a mf, still just a divine ability, "Legendary Companion" but it's pretty overpowered
For the Legendary Animal I have the same feeling you had for Poly-Existential: it's so strong that it scratches from underneath the next ability category (in this case the Cosmic) but it's not enough to fit into it.

For the Legendary Animal I have the same feeling you had for Poly-Existential: it's so strong that it scratches from underneath the next ability category (in this case the Cosmic) but it's not enough to fit into it.
Agreed, it can very easily get out of hand though. Like Maximus for example, is absurdly strong and much of that is due to the x4 HD multiplier he enjoys for being a legendary beast

Last edited:

Bootlebat

Explorer
What tier would an ability that gives a creature scent be? I would say just epic, since a lot of sub-epic creatures get it as just a racial ability.

What tier would an ability that gives a creature scent be? I would say just epic, since a lot of sub-epic creatures get it as just a racial ability.
I don't know if I'd allow it as a takable power, like, Pounce for example is a great power but you can't take it, there's an epic feat Dire Charge that allows something similar for the first round of combat but it's still limited. So, to me, it shouldn't be takable any more than Tremorsense, Grab, or Swallow Whole should be able to be taken. Maybe as a divine power, but that's it imo, otherwise, what makes the unique abilities of different creature types, unique?

Obly99

Hero
Master of Maneuvers [Divine]
Prerequisites
: Base attack bonus +30 or monk level 30.
Benefit: You can replace any melee attack with a combat maneuver.
Normal: Some combat maneuvers (like Bull Rush, Drag or Grapple) can only be made as a standard action.

Experience over Body [Divine]
Prerequisites
Benefit: You can made a combat maneuver against creatures of any size.
Normal: Some combat maneuvers (like Bull Rush, Drag or Overrun) can only be made against an opponent who is no more than one size category larger than you.

Master of Maneuvers [Divine]
Prerequisites
Normal: Some combat maneuvers (like Bull Rush, Drag or Grapple) can only be made as a standard action.
Personally I think this should be an epic feat

Experience over Body [Divine]
Prerequisites
Normal: Some combat maneuvers (like Bull Rush, Drag or Overrun) can only be made against an opponent who is no more than one size category larger than you.
I would go with 10 size categories, something, even a god, grappling with a planet seems overpowered. Also I think its 2 size categories higher normally.

Maybe make a Cosmic Ability that allows grappling with any sized being. A black hole after all grapples with red giants with ease, both are cosmic entities in real life.

Obly99

Hero
Personally I think this should be an epic feat
Initially me too, then I remembered the horrible talent builds and combos and decided it was ABSOLUTELY Divine and not Epic
I would go with 10 size categories, something, even a god, grappling with a planet seems overpowered.
Eventually a number of size categories up to your DR (minimum 10)?
Also I think its 2 size categories higher normally.
"You can only overrun an opponent who is no more than one size category larger than you."
"You can only reposition an opponent that is no more than one size category larger than you."
"You can only trip an opponent who is no more than one size category larger than you."

Initially me too, then I remembered the horrible talent builds and combos and decided it was ABSOLUTELY Divine and not Epic
Idk man, Epic Feats are just that, epic. You can with epic feats block infinite projectiles the size of houses and reflect them back at your attackers. Seems a lot less intense than that. I'd just make some bs prerequisite like needing an attack bonus of at least 30 and needing like 15 combat feats.

You can break anything if you try. The abilities should be based on the most common build and the most accessible ideal not the batshit gamebreakers who look for anything to exploit.

Another reason I say epic feat is it can be far more easily nullified.
Eventually a number of size categories up to your DR (minimum 10)?

"You can only overrun an opponent who is no more than one size category larger than you."
"You can only reposition an opponent that is no more than one size category larger than you."
"You can only trip an opponent who is no more than one size category larger than you."
Yeah 2 size categories automatically wins. You're right.

Obly99

Hero
Master of Maneuvers [Combat, Epic]
Prerequisites
: Greater [Combat Maneuver] in at least 4 different maneuvers, Base attack bonus +30 or monk level 30.

Experience over Body (Ex) [Divine]
Prerequisites
Benefit: You can made a combat maneuver against creatures who are no more than ten size category larger than you.

Lord of the Maneuvers (Su) [Cosmic]
Prerequisites
: Experience over Body, Base attack bonus +80 or monk level 80.

Last edited:

Remove ads