• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Custom divine abilities, portfolios, etc.

Master of Maneuvers [Combat, Epic]
Prerequisites
: Greater [Combat Maneuver] in at least 4 different maneuvers, Base attack bonus +30 or monk level 30.
Benefit: You can replace any melee attack with a combat maneuver.
Normal: Some combat maneuvers (like Bull Rush, Drag or Grapple) can only be made as a standard action.

Experience over Body [Divine]
Prerequisites
: Base attack bonus +30 or monk level 30.
Benefit: You can made a combat maneuver against creatures who are no more than ten size category larger than you.
Normal: Some combat maneuvers (like Bull Rush, Drag or Overrun) can only be made against an opponent who is no more than one size category larger than you.

Lord of the Maneuvers [Divine]
Prerequisites
: Experience over Body, Base attack bonus +80 or monk level 80.
Benefit: You can made a combat maneuver against creatures of any size.
I like it! I have a PC who will probably take those maneuver abilities

Master of Maneuvers [Combat, Epic]
Prerequisites
: Greater [Combat Maneuver] in at least 4 different maneuvers, Base attack bonus +30 or monk level 30.
Benefit: You can replace any melee attack with a combat maneuver.
Normal: Some combat maneuvers (like Bull Rush, Drag or Grapple) can only be made as a standard action.

Experience over Body [Divine]
Prerequisites
: Base attack bonus +30 or monk level 30.
Benefit: You can made a combat maneuver against creatures who are no more than ten size category larger than you.
Normal: Some combat maneuvers (like Bull Rush, Drag or Overrun) can only be made against an opponent who is no more than one size category larger than you.

Lord of the Maneuvers [Divine]
Prerequisites
: Experience over Body, Base attack bonus +80 or monk level 80.
Benefit: You can made a combat maneuver against creatures of any size.
Question; do you need Master of Maneuvers to take Lord of Maneuvers?

Obly99

Hero
This is my revision of the Dimensional Heaven Ability of the user EarthSeraphEdna
(Custom divine abilities, portfolios, etc.)

Dimensional Heaven (Su) [Cosmic]

You can briefly float above reality itself, making you impervious to all forms of attack.
Prerequisites: Dex 70.
Benefit: As a move action, you can start float above reality while still maintaining a conscious grip on it, rendering you immune to all conceivable effects, be they physical, magical, or otherwise. While in this state you see the world and your movement ignore any barrier (even force effects or planar borders) but you cannot interact with the normal world, like they cannot interact with you. You can leave this state as a free action, but you cannot reenter Dimensional Heaven in the same round you leave it. If you die or go unconscious while Dimensional Heaven is active, you automatically leave this state. While in this state you continue to suffer any condition you have before starting float above the reality (like a poison or a spell with a duration), and the time you pass in Dimensional Heaven count toward the time the condition persists. All enemies in your presence are automatically aware that you cannot be harmed by any means and you cannot harm them in any way. You may float above reality for a number of rounds per day equal to your divine rank, though these rounds need not be consecutive. When using Dimensional Heaven you can interact normally with another creature using its.
Special: You can gain this cosmic ability multiple times. Each time it is taken, the number of rounds per day in which you can float above reality is increased by your divine rank.
eg. An Elder One (24 DR) with Dimensional Haven x2 could float above reality for 48 rounds per day.

Dimensional Kingdom (Su) [Transcendental] [Broken, do not use]

When you flee the normal reality, the other fear your wrath.
Prerequisites: Dex 130, Dimensional Heaven.
Benefit: When using Dimensional Heaven you can interact normally with the normal world. Still, others must use Dimensional Heaven for interact with you.

Dimensional Empire (Su) [Omnific] [Broken, do not use]

When you must flee the normal reality, the other fear your wrath.
Prerequisites: Dex 250, Dimensional Heaven, Dimensional Kingdom.
Benefit: You don’t have a time limit for using Dimensional Heaven. Also, you can interact normally with other using Dimensional Heaven without using it yourself.

Last edited:

This is my revision of the Dimensional Heaven Ability of the user EarthSeraphEdna

Dimensional Heaven (Su) [Cosmic]

You can briefly float above reality itself, making you impervious to all forms of attack.
Prerequisites: Dex 70.
Benefit: As a move action, you can start float above reality while still maintaining a conscious grip on it, rendering you immune to all conceivable effects, be they physical, magical, or otherwise. While in this state you see the world and your movement ignore any barrier (even force effects or planar borders) but you cannot interact with the normal world, like they cannot interact with you. You can leave this state as a free action, but you cannot reenter Dimensional Heaven in the same round you leave it. If you die or go unconscious while Dimensional Heaven is active, you automatically leave this state. While in this state you continue to suffer any condition you have before starting float above the reality (like a poison or a spell with a duration), and the time you pass in Dimensional Heaven count toward the time the condition persists. All enemies in your presence are automatically aware that you cannot be harmed by any means and you cannot harm them in any way. You may float above reality for a number of rounds per day equal to your divine rank, though these rounds need not be consecutive. When using Dimensional Heaven you can interact normally with another creature using its.
Special: You can gain this cosmic ability multiple times. Each time it is taken, the number of rounds per day in which you can float above reality is increased by your divine rank.
eg. An Elder One (24 DR) with Dimensional Haven x2 could float above reality for 48 rounds per day.

Dimensional Kingdom (Su) [Transcendental]

When you flee the normal reality, the other fear your wrath.
Prerequisites: Dex 130, Dimensional Heaven.
Benefit: When using Dimensional Heaven you can interact normally with the normal world. Still, others must use Dimensional Heaven for interact with you.

Dimensional Empire (Su) [Omnific]

When you must flee the normal reality, the other fear your wrath.
Prerequisites: Dex 250, Dimensional Heaven, Dimensional Kingdom.
Benefit: You don’t have a time limit for using Dimensional Heaven. Also, you can interact normally with other using Dimensional Heaven without using it yourself.
So, as with EarthSeraph's post, the problem with these abilities is a lack of counter. I like the Cosmic version, I like the idea of a sort of Cosmic Sanctuary ability, but once you get into the parts where it's uncounterable lasts for twice your divine rank rounds and can attack while not being targeted, the wheels fall off. It becomes an "I win" button.

Especially the omnific version, at least the Transcendental version you could theoretically wait it out, but the Omnific version is totally broken.

Similar abilities give you a 95% chance of avoiding any attack, or the ability to avoid any damage on a successful saving throw, but those all can be countered with either abrogation, fate manipulation (inner eye, evil eye), or neutralization (infinite ability score).

The biggest issue I see is that this is basically the same thing functionally as Panversal, you can target a foe without being targeted yourself, but even with that that's at least countered by fighting another panversal being or by trapping it in a certain size category or even through Oblique Strike.

This I see no counter for, yes you can take the same power, but that forces all the players to sink their omnific abilities, usually even at omnific levels they'll only have one or 2, to all conform to a certain play style. So past the Cosmic Level version, which I like, I don't think it's either balanced at all or really even usable imo. It's too pigeon holing.

It sounds good, maybe it'd be cool, but the only way to get around it I see, is make it only usable on beings of equal or lesser divine rank. Otherwise the only way to beat someone with this is to force all the players in the party to take this one ability, which, given that they need to already take Abrogate, Inner Eye, Infinite Ability Score, Apostasy, Equilibrium, Seventh Sense, etc, it is just one more way to make the players unable to choose abilities they might actually want to take and instead are forced to take abilities for sheer survival purposes. It also forces players to have a high Charisma, and if someone was to say take Neutronium Body or the higher variants, they basically wouldn't be able to do anything against this, which sucks. It makes strength builds unviable without Equilibrium.

It's interesting as an ability chain, but too strong and basically uncounterable unless you invest in it yourself.

Last edited:

Obly99

Hero
So, as with EarthSeraph's post, the problem with these abilities is a lack of counter. I like the Cosmic version, I like the idea of a sort of Cosmic Sanctuary ability, but once you get into the parts where it's uncounterable lasts for twice your divine rank rounds and can attack while not being targeted, the wheels fall off. It becomes an "I win" button.

Especially the omnific version, at least the Transcendental version you could theoretically wait it out, but the Omnific version is totally broken.

Similar abilities give you a 95% chance of avoiding any attack, or the ability to avoid any damage on a successful saving throw, but those all can be countered with either abrogation, fate manipulation (inner eye, evil eye), or neutralization (infinite ability score).

The biggest issue I see is that this is basically the same thing functionally as Panversal, you can target a foe without being targeted yourself, but even with that that's at least countered by fighting another panversal being or by trapping it in a certain size category or even through Oblique Strike.

This I see no counter for, yes you can take the same power, but that forces all the players to sink their omnific abilities, usually even at omnific levels they'll only have one or 2, to all conform to a certain play style. So past the Cosmic Level version, which I like, I don't think it's either balanced at all or really even usable imo. It's too pigeon holing.

It sounds good, maybe it'd be cool, but the only way to get around it I see, is make it only usable on beings of equal or lesser divine rank. Otherwise the only way to beat someone with this is to force all the players in the party to take this one ability, which, given that they need to already take Abrogate, Inner Eye, Infinite Ability Score, Apostasy, Equilibrium, Seventh Sense, etc, it is just one more way to make the players unable to choose abilities they might actually want to take and instead are forced to take abilities for sheer survival purposes. It also forces players to have a high Charisma, and if someone was to say take Neutronium Body or the higher variants, they basically wouldn't be able to do anything against this, which sucks. It makes strength builds unviable without Equilibrium.

It's interesting as an ability chain, but too strong and basically uncounterable unless you invest in it yourself.
Eventually saying that you are always targetable by Abrogate would make it more controllable?

Eventually saying that you are always targetable by Abrogate would make it more controllable?
Maybe, it's just too encompassing imo, it's like Reim's Watcher ability where he can step outside reality. It just gets out of hand as a constantly usable ability. Do whatever you want, it's just my opinion, but I think there's a reason most of EarthSeraph's stuff didn't really catch on, and mainly it's a balance and power scaling issue. Cool ideas, hard to make usable without totally fuxking over the majority of your Player base.

Obly99

Hero
Maybe, it's just too encompassing imo, it's like Reim's Watcher ability where he can step outside reality. It just gets out of hand as a constantly usable ability. Do whatever you want, it's just my opinion, but I think there's a reason most of EarthSeraph's stuff didn't really catch on, and mainly it's a balance and power scaling issue. Cool ideas, hard to make usable without totally fuxking over the majority of your Player base.
I put the clause that you are always targetable by Abrogate even while you are in Dimensional Heaven, so you can counter it.
Edit: By evaluating, either one puts it that is vulnerable to Abrogate and keeps the whole chain but in which case the very value of that ability is nullified (because everyone has Abrogate so everyone can negate it and the while point is not being targeted), or it remains as it is but the Transcendental and Omnific are removed.

Last edited:

I put the clause that you are always targetable by Abrogate even while you are in Dimensional Heaven, so you can counter it.
Edit: By evaluating, either one puts it that is vulnerable to Abrogate and keeps the whole chain but in which case the very value of that ability is nullified (because everyone has Abrogate so everyone can negate it and the while point is not being targeted), or it remains as it is but the Transcendental and Omnific are removed.
It would make a Player use his abrogate to nullify it meaning his other option are still viable. It wouldn't nullify the tree any more than any other tree can be nullified. The person would have to make a calculated risk to abrogate the Dimensional Heaven ability or another ability, but given that Dimensional Heaven or Kingdom I should say has such a powerful effect, there's no question as to what ability they would abrogate.

Personally I still think it's far too strong. It just does too much and has few counters. A dm would have to base all their encounters around the ability and make sure every single opponent has the ability or else the player will just win.

Obly99

Hero
It would make a Player use his abrogate to nullify it meaning his other option are still viable. It wouldn't nullify the tree any more than any other tree can be nullified. The person would have to make a calculated risk to abrogate the Dimensional Heaven ability or another ability, but given that Dimensional Heaven or Kingdom I should say has such a powerful effect, there's no question as to what ability they would abrogate.

Personally I still think it's far too strong. It just does too much and has few counters. A dm would have to base all their encounters around the ability and make sure every single opponent has the ability or else the player will just win.
I will formalize only the Cosmic Ability canon in my setting without making it targetable by Abrogate to maintain the spirit and purpose of the ability. Eventually the Transcendental and Omnific Abilities I will give them as a unique ability to some monster or NPC.

Remove ads