D&D 5E D&D 5e Powergamer's Tactics Room: a youtube channel

I started a new youtube focused on powergaming. Currently 10 videos up... a series on "The 7 Tactical Aspects of Combat", Deep Dives into Cantrips and Phantom Steed, and a Showdown between Hypnotic Pattern and Slow.

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.

As a Powergamer, how can you give yourself an advantage before initiative is even rolled? You optimize your Terms of Engagement, the 1st Tactical Aspect of Combat!

12:09

Did you know that Stone Shape is one of the most powerful spells in the game? It's super confusing, though. Join us for a deep dive into this fascinating spell!

8:18

jgsugden

Legend
This is one of many spells where the DM's interpretation is going to dictate the power level. Some DMs will allow you to surround an enemy with it, effectively insta-killing them. Others will put so many restrictions on it that it is useless. My advice: Before selecting/preparing it: Run some use cases by the DM and ask how they'd rule them.

G

Guest User

The creator, actually goes over that in the video.
In games where terrain is an important factor to consider it can be very useful Spell.

One of the more interesting combinations:
Wall of Stone can create a permanent hemisphere of stone.
Stone Shape can put a door in the hemisphere.
Arcane Lock can be put on the door.

Great for Long Rests, instant prisons, or a safety seal for a dungeon's enterance.

Markh3rd

Explorer
The creator, actually goes over that in the video.
In games where terrain is an important factor to consider it can be very useful Spell.

One of the more interesting combinations:
Wall of Stone can create a permanent hemisphere of stone.
Stone Shape can put a door in the hemisphere.
Arcane Lock can be put on the door.

Great for Long Rests, instant prisons, or a safety seal for a dungeon's enterance.
But then you cast three spells to equal Leomunds tiny hut 🏠 🤔

G

Guest User

Sometimes we cast, the Tiny Hut inside the newly created Stone Dome.
(In the Mournlands, Living Dispel Magic spells can plausibly disrupt your Hut)

Tiny Hit does not make a very secure wilderness prison. This combo does.
It is also good for making barracks for hireling soldiers, a secure enclosure for horses...etc, etc.

You can make redoubts. (I personally find that cool, and immersive, other's may not).

Even creating a Stone Door in a dungeon and casting Arcane Lock on the door makes a very simple choke point. The party can open the door freely, no one else can.

One of my colleagues has Control Water, so if he has a 4th level slot left before our Long Rest, he'll sometimes use it to part a body of water, I'll cast Tiny Hut at the bottom of it, and then he lets the water flow back over the top and we're extremely well-hidden during our rest. We just swim out after since I cast Water Breathing on the party every day anyway.

Remove ads