D&D and the rising pandemic

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Right, so the 'new shots' will be labelled Comirnaty, which legally have FDA approval, which likely have yet to be released everywhere as vaccines centres are likely still using up their old stock of Pfizer which, again legally, do not have FDA approval, but only EUA (Emergency Use Approval).

No. They're the same. They both have full approval for those 16+.

Are you comparing Covid to the Flu? I thought it was a big no-no to describe this as a bad flu although the epidemiologist Professor Ioannidis doesn't seem to think so.
To be fair there was an Israeli doctor last year that did say that if the flu is a 1 out of 10 in terms of seriousness, then Covid-19 would be a 2.

No, I'm giving an example of how approvals are viewed on vaccines. Some people might think that vaccines that are identical but have different names need separate approval, even though ones that have their formulation changed every year are just fine (which I think they are).

Shockingly bad but not surprising, particularly when there are multiple studies around the world reflecting those particular set of vitamins do assist against Covid-19.
My guess is that either the rigor and size of those studies wasn't enough for an official recommendation yet, or that the studies hadn't undergone formal review. (Whereas the Pfizer vaccine one had those and did). I think I have some posts upthread with the excess mortality in the US last year from COVID and it's a lot bigger than the difference between a small and big flu season, for example:

As for the 2nd article provided - linking spending time outdoors to skin cancer because everything one does has to be viewed at the extreme to give the perception that it doesn't work. It is a great marketing and misdirecting ploy.

It was the first CDC page that came up. The page I linked starts with "Spending time outdoors can improve overall health and wellness. The outdoors offers many opportunities to be physically active. Time outdoors may also promote mental health and stress reduction. While enjoying the benefits of being outdoors, people can decrease skin cancer risk from too much UV exposure by using sun protection." with a link to a page on physical activity and its benefits. It then notes "Having little or no sun exposure may put a person at risk for low levels of vitamin D, but too much UV exposure from the sun or artificial sources can increase risk of skin cancers and eye disease. "

Here's a CDC blogpost from 2017 pushing outdoor activities: Step it up outdoors | Blogs | CDC.

Iirc cities were asked(?)/required(?) to have public parks and outdoor activity space during some pandemics in the early 1900s?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Sure, but given the new tech of these jabs and the fact that long term testing has not been done and they are still deemed experimental...
Details matter.

Before you claim that details matter, you must have your details correct, and you do not. The details are that these are not "experimental". That is not what "emergency use authorization" means. And, in fact, the Pfizer vaccine now has full FDA approval, and in no way, shape, or form can be considered "experimental". Moderna will get their full authorization shortly.

The spectre of long-term side effects is born out of ignorance. You know what has proven long-term effects? Covid-19. The most prominent covid-19 side effect is frelling DEATH. So don't give me nonsense about supposed side effects.

Vaccine misinformation is not acceptable on this site. Take that drek elsewhere.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Right, so the 'new shots' will be labelled Comirnaty, which legally have FDA approval, which likely have yet to be released everywhere as vaccines centres are likely still using up their old stock of Pfizer which, again legally, do not have FDA approval, but only EUA (Emergency Use Approval).

Just to be clear- when you got called out on your misinformation, you doubled down.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

Dude, it is the same product, they just have a commercial name for it now.

Goodness gracious, it is like you meet a guy named Robert, someone steps up to call him Bob, and you ask to see his driver's license again, because you aren't sure who he is.

Are you comparing Covid to the Flu?

No, he isn't. He's talking about vaccine authorizations, using a common and safe vaccine as an example.

You are filled with misinformation, and will no longer be posting in this thread.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Would it pass for prevention of heart attacks but not for pain relief?

If I recall correctly, it fails on pain relief due to gastric side-effects at the proper dose for pain relief.

Even today, it is iffy for heart attacks - the FDA doesn't recommend its use for such unless you have already had a heart attack, meaning your risk is elevated to the point where the drug side effect risks are acceptable.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I cannot comment on all that - but as far as I understood protecting your fellow people in this pandemic were the people with comorbidities and elderly, not the teenagers and young adults Big Pharma wants to milk for more profits. And I just wish ONE doctor from government, if they really gave a rat's ass about health, had gotten onto the TV and said this is what you should be doing to protect yourself, what vitamins you should be taking or how much sun you should be getting a day.
Vaccinating the kids and young adults(who can die from this) IS about protecting people with pre-existing conditions and the elderly. Those kids and young adults can spread Covid to the others if they catch it.

Remove ads