WotC D&D Direct--Learn About Upcoming D&D On April 21st!

D&D Direct is a 30-minute video which WotC will be releasing on April 21st at 9am Pacific Time (5pm BST, if I have my time zones correct). They'll be using it to reveal stuff about upcoming D&D projects (including video games and entertainment). The video will be presented by Anna Prosser and B. Dave Walters. This is being billed in an emailed announcement entitled "Learn Everything That’s...

D&D Direct is a 30-minute video which WotC will be releasing on April 21st at 9am Pacific Time (5pm BST, if I have my time zones correct). They'll be using it to reveal stuff about upcoming D&D projects (including video games and entertainment). The video will be presented by Anna Prosser and B. Dave Walters.

This is being billed in an emailed announcement entitled "Learn Everything That’s Happening This Year for Dungeons & Dragons" as the "first ever D&D Direct", so presumably there are more planned.

The D&D Team at Wizards of the Coast is excited to debut D&D Direct, a jam-packed thirty-minute video presentation on April 21 at 9:00 AM Pacific Time.

Tune in to see exclusive reveals from the world's greatest roleplaying game, including video games, entertainment, and more, guided by hosts Anna Prosser and B. Dave Walters.

D&D Direct will be broadcast on the D&D YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/DNDWizards) and Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/dnd) channels.

To find out more on D&D Direct go to dnd.wizards.com and follow the official D&D social media accounts for more updates.

See you on April 21 at 9:00 AM PT for the first-ever D&D Direct!

teitan

Legend
What will be the non-sequitur setting guesses for future products after Spelljammer is finally confirmed?
Dragonlance later this year and then probably Planescape next year and a new setting. 2024 will see Greyhawk as part of the 50th anniversary celebration or next year if it’s not Planescape. I could also see Sigil merged with Spelljammer and Spelljammer including planar travel with the hints that have been dropped.

What will be the non-sequitur setting guesses for future products after Spelljammer is finally confirmed?
The glorious return of the D&D branded woodburning set:
woodburning.jpg

A more serious response: Dragonlance, as others has said, seems to be a lock for this year. Planescape would be a good fit for the 'multiverse' theme they're leaning into, and seems to have a number of devoted older fans *. Left field guess: Ravenloft seems quite popular these days; maybe bring back Masque of Red Death in some fashion? Tie it into the Vhage Agency from Van Richtens?

I'd be surprised if the 2024 setting wasn't either Greyhawk or the Forgotten Realms.

edit: Another dark horse candidate: Chris Perkins' Iomandra. Wayback link.

*There are DOZENS of us! Just leave 'Faction War' out of it!

Last edited:

Mercurius

Legend
He’s not late Gen-X. He barely younger than me and I’m pretty solid in the middle of that X status. I’m like 6 months older. But yes he was a huge DL fan as a kid, he talks about it in interviews and Easley is his favorite artist, so much so his wife got Easley to paint Arkhan for him. Plus Arkhan is a “Dragon Highlord Paladin of Tiamat” and he definitely means Takhisis.
He was born in 1976. Gen X is defined as either 1965-80 (Mannheim) or 1961-81 (Strauss-Howe). Meaning, he was born at the beginning of the last third or last quarter, depending upon your definition. In other words, late Gen-X ;).

Jer

Legend
Supporter
The one that is unlikely to ever happen would be Mystara, so you could go for "Mystara Confirmed!" and probably never have to change it again. If you go with Dark Sun or Greyhawk there's actually a shot it could happen and you'd have to find another one (I actually would not be surprised to see them do something with Greyhawk at the 50th anniversary).

For the truly obscure you could go with "Jakandor Confirmed!"

(But please don't go with Cerilia, because playing with the emotions of the Birthright fans is just mean.)

Remove ads

Remove ads