WotC D&D Direct--Learn About Upcoming D&D On April 21st!

D&D Direct is a 30-minute video which WotC will be releasing on April 21st at 9am Pacific Time (5pm BST, if I have my time zones correct). They'll be using it to reveal stuff about upcoming D&D projects (including video games and entertainment). The video will be presented by Anna Prosser and B. Dave Walters. This is being billed in an emailed announcement entitled "Learn Everything That’s...

D&D Direct is a 30-minute video which WotC will be releasing on April 21st at 9am Pacific Time (5pm BST, if I have my time zones correct). They'll be using it to reveal stuff about upcoming D&D projects (including video games and entertainment). The video will be presented by Anna Prosser and B. Dave Walters.

This is being billed in an emailed announcement entitled "Learn Everything That’s Happening This Year for Dungeons & Dragons" as the "first ever D&D Direct", so presumably there are more planned.

The D&D Team at Wizards of the Coast is excited to debut D&D Direct, a jam-packed thirty-minute video presentation on April 21 at 9:00 AM Pacific Time.

Tune in to see exclusive reveals from the world's greatest roleplaying game, including video games, entertainment, and more, guided by hosts Anna Prosser and B. Dave Walters.

D&D Direct will be broadcast on the D&D YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/DNDWizards) and Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/dnd) channels.

To find out more on D&D Direct go to dnd.wizards.com and follow the official D&D social media accounts for more updates.

See you on April 21 at 9:00 AM PT for the first-ever D&D Direct!

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Curse of Strahd, Witchlight, and Descent into Avernus are NOT considered Setting books?

How do I know? Because AL has no seperate campaign for them outside of FR regular campaign, because when Ray referred to the original 3 new classic settings, he did not refer to Ravenloft as a return despite CoS being out, which he indicates he meant PROPER setting books by classic settings, not simply an adventure set in Spelljammer.

And there is still months of time before and after September left, no way they wait to release Spelljammer till September. I'm think June or July for Spelljammer, and November for DL.

So? Firstly, AL rules got nothing to do with how the D&D team plans material. The book could come as primarily an adventure, and AL goes along with it.

The DMsGuild is wildly inconsistent as well on this, as Avernus and Witchlight aren't new setting technically but the DMsGuild allows material for those two just fine.

Sourcebooks of "only for DMs" shouldn't be sold together with handbooks with crunch for players, among other reasons, to avoid these to read potential spoilers. Some players would rather to buy sourcebooks only crunch for PCs: spells, magic item, feats, PC races, subclasses, monster pets..

I had forgotten the spelljammers need extra work to be adapted to the VTT. This may be a handicap.

I don't remember playtest about sailing by ships and naval fights.

Maybe is a story-arc about "stargates", something more "isekai" about PCs from a fantasy&magic world exploring a new zone more sci-fi, post-apocalyptic or alien crashed spaceship, like "Odissey: Tale of the Comet". Or PCs being abducted by the fraals who investigate magic, psionic, ki, incarnum and other powers.

darjr

I crit!
Looks like a Neverwinter announcement is on the list.
03C0E7DC-F0DA-4D41-8AB5-5E8E3ED8D887.jpeg

What’s is this?
24B00523-745B-47C1-BAFD-0D7D6D06A53D.jpeg

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Looks like a Neverwinter announcement is on the list.
View attachment 155543

What’s is this?
View attachment 155542
The Compleat Dragon-Hunter
by
Smerdiuk Dragonbane

Maybe this has been a serious spoiler, too soon for the WotC planning. After Spelljammer and Dragonlance the next title could be Councyl of Wyrms, or mixing this with Chris Perkins' homebred setting "Iomandra". But if one of the keys of this setting are the PC dragons... shouldn't we see an UA about (dragon) monster classes?

Spelljammer in Newerwinter Online? A story-arc.

---

Remove ads

Remove ads