D&D Movie/TV D&D Movie Synopsis Namechecks Harpers, Red Wizards, and Neverwinter [UPDATED - MAYBE NOT?]

A précis of the Dungeons & Dragons movie has appeared as part of its copyright registration, confirming it's set in the Forgotten Realms.

The film stars Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, Justice Smith, Hugh Grant, and Rege-Jean Page.

An ex-Harper turned thief escapes from prison with his partner, a female barbarian, and reunites with a no-talent wizard and a druid new to their team in an effort to rob the cheating conman who stole all their loot from the heist that landed them behind bars, and used it to install himself as the Lord of Neverwinter. Only the traitor is allied with a powerful Red Wizard who has something far more sinister in store.

UPDATE -- Screenrant reported on the same story but has since posted: "Screen Rant has confirmed the below Dungeons & Dragons movie synopsis is not accurate." They haven't said any more or indicated how they've confirmed that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sounds like a good starting point, treating it like a heist movie.

Since Hugh Grant is playing the villain, if he's the Red Wizard, I'm not sure how I feel about a bald Hugh Grant:

1621524439392.png

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
Lord Neverember?
That was my first thought as well, but I don't think Neverember, tyrant though he is, can be described as a "cheating conman." So either they're playing fast and loose with his character, or it's someone else. Either they invented their own Lord of Neverwinter, or the movie is set in some time period other than the present.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
That was my first thought as well, but I don't think Neverember, tyrant though he is, can be described as a "cheating conman." So either they're playing fast and loose with his character, or it's someone else. Either they invented their own Lord of Neverwinter, or the movie is set in some time period other than the present.
Or maybe the present is due for a change.

hopeless

Adventurer
In the current Sharandar adventure the Red Wizards are involved in that too.
Curious this is something that ought to be included in the mmo, would be an interesting turn of events!

I wonder who the con artist is then?

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases