• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Throughout History

Gentlegamer

Adventurer
STARP_JVP said:
Oh yes, let's all have a go at the foreigner who doesn't know who wrote the U.S. Constitution. Well Woe Is Me, I'm undone! How will I survive?

Sorry, that was uncalled for. I do apologise.
Well, the joke really only works when the person and date are correct . . .

You could substitute James Madison, I suppose.

25 June 1876: George Custer and his fellow PCs - an adventuring company called the "7th Cavalry" - grow tired of the low survivability rate of non-Paladin, non-Animal Companion mounts in stock D&D and their DM's unwillingness to add some house rules. In retaliation, they kill their mounts ("Since they're just going to die anyway.") and fudge their dice rolls, leading to a campaign-ending TPK, hoping that the next DM will play a little more fairly.

Matt Black

First Post
MonsterMash said:
Shouldn't that be 1789?

No, she forgot to bring the pizza way back in 1774, when she made that silly comment about making do with cake (and m&m's, if I recall). It took them till 1789 to finish her off. The GM had insisted on a round-by-round breakdown of the entire French Revolution.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
1519. Cortez comes to Mexico and finds that the native roleplayers make heavy use of the Sacrifice rules from the Book of Vile Darkness. In a LARP. He quickly takes over the local roleplaying szene and enforced the old world rules. Two years later, the biggest LARP site in the coutnry, Tenochtitlan, was dismantled.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads