D&D 5E Deck of Many Things manufacturing issue from review to delay to dndbeyond article.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Is that a printing defect or how the cards are supposed to be?
Slight defect inherent to.some percentage of printed foil cards, accerbated by humidity.

My understanding is thst itnis hard to catch this in QC because the printer us a low humidity paper friendly environment. Doesnshiw so well until exposed to humid air.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
This gentleman has quite a few videos about the Deck Of Many Things. He is personally happy with it and his review video is quite positive. It is simultaneously very brutal.

You have to tear open the slipcase! And the cards are different sizes and curved.

Are there any good reasons they are different sizes?

Man I’m so burnt on smug and/or smarmy faced older white dudes talking about D&D in YouTube videos…is this guy as annoying as his video thumbnail looks? Like assume the pov of someone who finds nerd immersion nearly unwatchably annoying, self-satisfied, up his own nose, and just basically cringe, as much as I hate that term.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Man I’m so burnt on smug and/or smarmy faced older white dudes talking about D&D in YouTube videos…is this guy as annoying as his video thumbnail looks? Like assume the pov of someone who finds nerd immersion nearly unwatchably annoying, self-satisfied, up his own nose, and just basically cringe, as much as I hate that term.
Did you even watch this, or are you making assumptions? I didn't find him smug at all.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
I watch very few YouTube videos because they annoy me. This one was short, concise and not at all smug. My only complaint is that I will never be able to scrub the bit where he shows himself actually tearing open the slipcase from my mind. I suspect my therapist may suggest that I buy multiple copies of this so I have have an untorn one and one I can look inside. Although even as I type that, I'm remembering that there is a special cover version of this, so that means getting four copies. Why WotC? Why? o_O

darjr

I crit!
Mostly a joke at the 'out of the package' curled Foils that plagued MtG for years. I did a quick look at it seems it was maybe improved, so this is likely just a cheaper distribution.
Steve Jackson games had curved cards when they first tried foil. They replaced every single one of mine. And I think setup replacements with FLGS.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I'm really enjoying the weird turn against Youtube that's been going on around here the last couple of months. It's fascinating.
I mean, I at least give a person a view before ripping them....seems only fair. A lot of YT, though, is super negative for ratings. The stuff Google tries to convince me I want to read and watch is overly negative about TTRPG specifics .....which, um, I'm a fan....

Remove ads