Deluxe Dungeon Master's Screen: It Lives!

The Deluxe Dungeon Master's Screen from WotC (as opposed to the largely unpopular Tyranny of Dragons one from Gale Force 9) is due out this month. WotC's Trevor Kidd returned to the office after the holiday break, and provided this photo which shows that the screen exists and is ready for lift-off! Plus, a shot of the interior!

The Deluxe Dungeon Master's Screen from WotC (as opposed to the largely unpopular Tyranny of Dragons one from Gale Force 9) is due out this month. WotC's Trevor Kidd returned to the office after the holiday break, and provided this photo which shows that the screen exists and is ready for lift-off! Plus, a shot of the interior!

Priced at $14.95 and releasing on January 20th -- "Manage your campaign with this indispensable Dungeon Master accessory for the world’s greatest roleplaying game. The red dragon Thraxata the Flamefiend and her kobold minions confront a party of intrepid adventurers, who protect their ranger as she attempts to finish the fight by using a legendary arrow of dragon slaying meant specifically for this red wyrm. This durable, four-panel Deluxe Dungeon Master’s Screen, lavishly adorned with illustrations inside and out, will enchant and inspire players and the Dungeon Master. Its landscape design allows the Dungeon Master to easily see beyond and reach over the screen, even as it keeps die rolls and notes hidden from players. Tables inside provide essential support for the three pillars of play–combat, exploration, and interaction–to Dungeon Masters of all skill levels."

For more D&D schedule information, look right here.

dms.jpg

2014-11-07-13.53.18.jpg

Photo from dicejockey.com

dmscreen.jpg

Photo by Luke Niedner

Rhenny

Adventurer
I could see the Something Happens table as a lighter way of using the Plot Points DMG option. Whenever one of the players wants to change things up and use a plot point, the say "Something Happens," and the DM rolls for it and uses the result in the story.

I like that idea and I like that the chart on the screen is not overwhelming. As a DM, after a while, I could always tape new random results on to my own screen, or make it like a flip book if I find that I use it more often.

guachi

Hero
It's ok looking. I guess someone will buy it and list all the information it provides and then it will be easier to actually decide if I want it or not.

pukunui

Legend
A vertical screen would be a little better, and there is too much space wasted with art on the inside.
WotC isn't a fan of portrait screens. They prefer landscape ones that are easier to look over. I think the art is there to be evocative and to keep the tables from blending in with each other. Instead of looking at it as "wasted" space, look at it as well utilized white space.

The only table that seems to get a bit lost is the DCs table. It doesn't stand out enough under that image of the cards or whatever they are.

Remove ads

Remove ads