• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Diplomatic Immunity: Funeral Procession

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The trio rides over to the other side of the asteroid. There is a small forest, a lake and rivers, and other beautiful natural obstacles that they circumvent to reach the other side quickly. After about eight hours of riding, after which the horses are tired, they reach the exact opposite side of the asteroid. Mythweaver estimates based on this that there are approximately 15,127 square miles or 9,681,280 acres of land on this asteroid--not exactly the right kind of area to be searching after square inch.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Apparently hers is. She's a bit spacey though. Still, that's pretty tiny--unlike in the Mummy Returns, where it was scientifically impossible for the guy to run and outrace the rising sun unless he was moving several thousand MPH, you can actually do that on this asteroid :lol: )

unleashed

First Post
OOC: Oh, it's definitely pretty tiny, no disagreement here. I just find it amusing that the loss of her precious horses for at least 16 hours of travel is only a little time to her. :lol:

Erekose13

Explorer
Kicking himself for not mentally calculating the area of the dark side of the asteroid first, Mythweaver looks around to see if there are any sources of light and tries to mentally calculate when the next sunrise on this side will be.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Mythweaver doesn't see any unusual sources of light, though given the size of the asteroid, they could easily exist and just not be in visual range. They've actually missed dawn over on this side of the asteroid by a few hours--in fact, their horse ride across the asteroid was like a ride back in time, as the sun moved backwards in the sky from west to east--starting nearly straight above and ending just a few hours away from the horizon--if they continue riding about halfway back up the other side of the asteroid, they should catch the sunrise there.*

unleashed

First Post
Tiberius Lucius Magnus, Male Praetor Warmage

“So what now, Mythweaver? We could scour the forest and whatever other features might hide a camp or ship, but we aren’t really prepared for an extended search,” Tiberius asks.

Erekose13

Explorer
"No and not at night either. I'd hoped to find lights or something down here that would be easy to spot in the darkness because people wouldn't think to look for it. But who ever or what ever we are dealing with has proven too smart for that already. 2 murders with no evidence. Personally I wouldn't be surprised if there were more when we got back. A search here would be better done from the air during daylight if anything.

That said, I don't really have any more leads to go with. Let's head back and hopefully all this time on horseback will get our brains working." replies Mythweaver sincerely regreting the significant loss of time. He hadn't expected this to take quite so long.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads