D&D 5E Do you like or dislike Song & Steeal Dragons being demoted to Folklore?

Do you like or dislike Song & Steeal Dragons being demoted to Folklore?

• I hate or Dislike the removal of Steel and Song Dragons as type of Dragon

Votes: 18 22.8%
  • I like or love the removal of Steel and Song Dragons as a type of Dragon

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Neutral as a Gem Dragon

Votes: 52 65.8%

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
That's like saying, "This deli has too many kinds of sandwiches."

If you can find the sandwich/dragon that you need quickly enough, the mere existence of others on the menu should not have much of an impact, should it?

Now I need to stat up a sandwich dragon.
The onion breath is killer.

I just don't get how anything can be 'just folk lore' in the kitchen sink of D&D.
Yeah exactly, it's a cretinous notion that just makes zero sense in a D&D context. There'll be somewhere on the Prime Material that they exist - maybe they're "folklore" in the FR but real in Greyhawk or whatever, but "folklore" generally? That's just crappy lore writing.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
I am never going to buy Fizban!
Well, buying Fizban is going to be pretty difficult. Do you mean a miniature of Fizban? Because I'm not sure if those exist. Or if it's the rights to the character that you would buy, that would be pretty pricy, and is wholly dependent on WotC being willing to sell the character to you, which is even more unlikely than the first interpretation. Either way, it doesn't look good for the people that want to buy Fizban, so not trying to buy him seems like a smart move to me.

/s

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Well, buying Fizban is going to be pretty difficult. Do you mean a miniature of Fizban? Because I'm not sure if those exist. Or if it's the rights to the character that you would buy, that would be pretty pricy, and is wholly dependent on WotC being willing to sell the character to you, which is even more unlikely than the first interpretation. Either way, it doesn't look good for the people that want to buy Fizban, so not trying to buy him seems like a smart move to me.

/s
Remember boys and girls, Fizban is on Krynn, which means you have to buy him with steel dragons. Oh.........................wait.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
I who what, now? :unsure:
steeldragon.jpg

Well, I mean...

^That.

You can scrape off the Mayo and pretend it's a Bloated Toad-Like dragon, but if it uses the same breath weapon, frightful presence, legendary resistances, and stuff it's gonna -taste- the same
Then don’t.

The issue as I see isn’t that the MM dragons don’t make good “degenerate” dragons, they do, it is that the don’t really have much to make them awesome magical dragons. You either have to add spellcasting or lair actions to make them seem like unique magical creatures, otherwise they do look like wild beasts.

Remove ads