D&D (2024) Do you plan to adopt D&D5.5One2024Redux?

Plan to adopt the new core rules?

• Yep

Votes: 245 54.2%
  • Nope

Votes: 207 45.8%

James Gasik

We don't talk about Pun-Pun
Supporter
It would be pretty simple to just leave the hard weight limit on spells (i.e. drop the "huge-or-smaller-creature" clause) and not touch grapple.

Then again, if two opponents are each heavier than the other can carry, no problem: they fight in place unless one moves voluntarily. And don't forget you can drag half again your carry cap (at least I think that's still true in 5e), meaning your Str 18 guy could still move his doppleganger at least to a small extent.
If you are beyond your carry cap you can move 5 ft.. When you drag with grapple your speed is halved. I read that as you could drag someone 2.5 ft. which is fairly useless if you play on a grid (as my group does).

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
So lets take a look at the ad&d one...

It specifies that it can be hit by any weapon woth normal effect. So how exactly is WotC obsessed with simplicity?

It seems you are obsessed to blame WotC for things you don't agree with.
I never said TSR was perfect. Just generally better for what I want than WotC.

Faolyn

(she/her)
...this: sticking a leg or stick or sword out and causing the target to stumble and fall; an action and visual we know just doesn't apply to a host of non-legged creatures.

My problem is I can't think of a better word. 'Stun' is already in use and kinda means something different anyway, ditto 'confuse' which is more a mental effect. 'Disorient' is close-ish but also implies mental confusion rather than just physical.
Hinder.

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth
It is not about the work involved, it is about whether it makes sense for your feature to work... this also is not adversarial, in a pretty open campaign there can be situations that were not considered before, so the DM cannot tell you about it in session zero

If the feature possibly not working is too much for you, oh well...
Well @Scott Christian claims it would be some amount more than "very little" extra work for the DM unless they are allowed to have all kinds of secret reasons to tell the player they were wrong about what their feature does, so that's what I was responding to.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
The same reason Detect Evil and Good no longer detects....evil or good, I imagine.
Detect Evil and Detect Good would logically have gone away at the same time alignments (mostly) did.

But that same rationale doesn't apply to determining whether something is alive or not. As far as I know, the game still distinguishes between "alive" and "dead" for various reasons.

Remove ads