• No

Votes: 122 53.3%
  • Maybe? I could me convinced.

Votes: 69 30.1%
  • Lemon

Votes: 4 1.7%

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Unlikely, it would take a lot to convince me to switch from Foundry VTT (which is I really dig), but it's theoretically possible. Theoretically.

Yes the preview they showed looked great.

I think many people here are just too short sighted and afraid of change.

Like people think this is likely to be complicated when it's more likely that most of the work will already be done by the time it's out.

I have mucked about in Talespire and prep is a lot more involved than in 2D (really a lot more involved). I can see the attraction, but I am not sure that the result is worth the preparation.
Depends on how it works. This one is going to be just for D&D and has no need to be generic to accommodate other systems, as result much of the systems can be integrated in.

You could probably have something like the DMG's random dungeon generator attached that automatically creates a dungeon for you.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
If you can import 3d models it'd be great and with dndbeyond character sheet integration it should run smoothly... but not every class is in dndbeyond and some homebrew doesn't translate well into their system so I'm thinking that I won't be investing in it. The set up my friends and I have currently with roll20 and dndbeyond seems to work fine.

I don't know how the 3d tabletop transactions are gonna work either and it isn't something that I want to heavily invest in. If a friend wanted to run something using it, then I'd likely try it out.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
Depends on how it works. This one is going to be just for D&D and has no need to be generic to accommodate other systems, as result much of the systems can be integrated in.

You could probably have something like the DMG's random dungeon generator attached that automatically creates a dungeon for you.
You could and presumably it will have the published books prebuilt, but it is D&D, and the nice thing about D&D is that one can go off script and do one's own thing.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Yes, but I also want the VTT to support 2d maps and assets. 3d environments for big marquee encounters but 2d for the rest. And I want the 3d maps to support 2d tokens where it's just a picture of a creature on a token base.
Like a cardboard stand-up or a flat disk? I'd actually be quite keen on cardboard stand-ups as an option.

I just don't want it to become the implied way to play. If they dump a ton of money into it then they are going to push it hard and the rules may bend to that singular style of play. IMPO it always felt like 4e was this way. I always felt like I didn't have the adequate tools to play the game.

Stormonu

Legend
I'd like a 3D VTT, but would prefer it to be locked to top-down or isometic in nature. If you let players be able to swing their cameras about willy-nilly, someone is going to muck up their view and can't fix it or position it so they miss a bunch of snarling creatures at their back. I've seen it happen too many times in games like Neverwinter Nights and such.

And an option for 2D, for those who prefer it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases