• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon's Delve from Dungeonaday - OOC Discussion [FULL]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Actually, I'm not sure either, Mark. I'll make a DM decision and say 100gp, putting it at the same amount as a bard or barbarian. Fair enough?

Well, 1000 gp sounds more fair, but I guess I can live with 100. ;) I've updated Bellus:

leaving.asp

Bellus Mughandle

[sblock=Stats]
Warmage 1
N Medium Humanoid (dwarf)
Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft., Listen +1, Spot +1
Language Common, Dwarven, Goblin, Orc, Undercommon
-----
AC 15 (+2 Dex, +3 armor), touch 12, flat-footed 13; defensive training
hp 8 (1 HD)
Fort +2*, Ref +2*, Will +3* (*Doesn't include +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities)
-----
Speed 20 ft. (4 squares)
Melee longspear +1 (1d8+1/x3), or
Melee light mace +1 (1d6+1), or
Ranged light crossbow +2 (1d8/19-20, 80 ft. range increment)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Base Atk +0; Grp +1
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 1st):
1/day - detect magic, detect secret doors, read magic
Spells per Day (DC 12 + spell):
1st - 4/day
0 - 5/day
-----
Abilities Str 13, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 17, Wis 12, Cha 14
Feats Insightful
Skills (Ranks) Appraise +3 (+5 related to stone or metal) (0), Concentration +6 (4), Craft +3 (+5 related to stone or metal) (0), Knowledge (architecture & engineering) +5 (2), Knowledge (dungeoneering) +5 (2), Knowledge (history) +7 (4), Listen +1 (0), Search +3 (+5 to notice unusual stonework) (0), Spellcraft +7 (4), Spot +1 (0)
-----
Possessions: backpack, bedroll, belt pouch, flint & steel, light crossbow with 10 bolts, light mace, longspear, sack, spell component pouch, studded leather, waterskin, 19 gp, 8 sp
-----
Class Features:
Armored Mage: No arcane spell failure with warmage spells when wearing light armor or using light shields.

Warmage Edge: +3 damage with warmage spells.

Racial Traits:
Defensive Training: Dwarves get a +4 dodge bonus to AC against monsters of the giant type.

Enemies: +1 racial on attack rolls versus orcs and goblinoids.

Stability: +4 bonus on ability checks to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground.

Slow and Steady: Dwarves have a base speed of 20 feet, but their speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance.

Stonecunning: +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework, et cetera.

Weapon Familiarity: Dwarven waraxes and dwarven urgroshes are martial weapons.

Rolls: 4d6.takeHighest(3)=12, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=12, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=13, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=16, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=6, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=15, 4d6.takeHighest(3)=17.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Archon Adept

First Post
Voadam,

Robert looks good. I just noted a couple of things.

1. -1 STR penalty should be applied to his weapon damages.

2. +2 racial bonus for Move Silently is missing (+10 total).

That's it, everything else looks great. Go ahead and move his sheet over to the character repository when you get a moment.

Oh, and here's a rumor for Robert.
[sblock=Robert's Rumor]If you find the three carpets of Tral-Ferrer and put them together, they reveal some secret about Dragon's Delve.[/sblock]

EDIT: Any luck finding a picture to represent Robert?

Archon Adept

First Post
Mark, I just noticed that Bellus looks like he's good to go. I'll review him shortly.

In the meantime, what color would you like to use for his speech?

Archon Adept

First Post
Mark Chance, I went over Bellus' sheet, and he looks perfect. Go ahead and move him over to the Character Repository thread at your convenience.

And, here's a juicy rumor for Bellus to start with.

[sblock=Bellus' Rumor]Part of the dungeon is actually a diamond mine still teeming with ore waiting to be discovered.[/sblock]

Archon Adept

First Post
House Rules/Skill Use

Guys,

I wanted to go over some of my intentions regarding use of skills and rolling dice.

On the whole, I'd like you to do as much rolling for yourselves as you can. Please use Invisible Castle using your PC's first name for this. For example, any time you post an attack action in combat, please go ahead and make your roll. For any action which may cause damage, please do go ahead and roll for that damage, even if it seems likely the action is not successful (hey, you never know!). I will roll for initiative when needed, and also for saving throws, to help avoid delays.

As for skills, please do go ahead and roll for any checks you wish to intiate such as Spot/Listen, Knowledge, Search, etc. However, be advised that I will also make skill checks for you in situations that come up, and let you know the results (spontaneous Knowledge checks if appropriate, for example).

Now, as for Search checks, there is a house rule. I know that in a big dungeon like this, the temptation is to plod along and take 20 on Search checks one square at a time, for fear of missing something. I find this to be too metagamey, and it strains my suspension of disbelief. I thought about discouraging this through liberal use of the wandering monster table, but I think it's better to just be direct. So, for this game, you may not take 20 on a Search check unless there is in-character information which leads you to believe there is something specific to look for (e.g., a captured goblin tells you there is a secret door in the next room). To counterbalance this nerfing, I will at times make passive Search checks for your PCs so long as they are moving cautiously and making an effort to be observant. I do want them to discover secrets after all, because it's part of the fun. But, abusing the Take 20 rules is also unfun, so this is my solution. Of course, you may always roll your own Search checks, and you may Take 10 if your roll is poor.

Comments welcome.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads