D&D General Dungeons & Dragons Animated Series: Requiem The Final Episode

Fans have made the "final" episode of the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon. The original series was cancelled before a final episode could be made, although its script is apparently findable online.

[Update - for some reason they've disabled sharing of their video, so click this link to go directly to it].

Fear not: Ranger, Barbarian, Magician, Thief, Cavalier, and Acrobat. That was Venger, the force of evil. I am Dungeon Master, your guide in the realm of Dungeons and Dragons!

"The Final episode of the 1980s Saturday morning cartoon Dungeons and Dragons. From a script written by series writer Michael Reeves. Fully animated by using original footage from the series. Dialog from the DVD radio show released in 2006 by BCI eclipse. With original cast member Katie Leigh graciously reprising her role of Shelia. Music reconstructed from the original series (with varying degrees of success) The creators of this episode are fans first, amateur animators second. There are many things I wish could have done differently in this presentation, but I am very proud of what we have accomplished and it is my hope that those who love this cartoon as much as we do will be pleased with what we have put together. "

Gary Gygax's son, Ernest Gary Gygax Jr., said this about it -- "Two individuals have spent months of time to create this fan ending episode to the D&D cartoon. This was not the chosen closer that my father had so wished, as he had desired at least another season or three. With that in mind this fan generated not for profit episode is first rate and deserves to be seen and shared with other D&D gaming fans and perhaps now with this in hand more parents will look for the cartoon and share it with 21st Century youngsters."

Last edited:

This is curiosious. I can't imagine this cartoon, an icon of the 80's years, without this song.

Lyrics translated:

We arrived to a fantastic world
full of strange beings
the dungeon master
gave all us powers.
you the barbarian
you the archer, acobrat,
wizard and the knight.
Dragons and dungeons
an infernal world
hidden in the shadows
the evil forces.

---

I remember to have read in tv tropes about the copyright is by Disney, but I guess Hasbro and this could agree a licencing. I don't know about rights by Paramount are exclusive. If Hasbro hopes a reedition of Hero Quest can become a new cash-cow, why not...?

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
My 11yo is 2/3rds or so of the way through the series he got for his birthday. I'll have to check this out...

That was nicely and cleverly done! The repurposed original animation was pretty seamless. Some of the audio levels were off, though I don't recall if that was in the original radio-style recording or not.

As a kid I loved the series. As an adult, it holds up fairly well for cartoons of that era.

jasper

Rotten DM
The sound is a little off a few minutes in. Some times music steps on the voices, other times the background music is muted the comes back up. Also I forgot about the over use of music in the background for 80s cartoons. But excellent fan production.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases