• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dwimmermount IC:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"So yee're saying this's some sort of a shrine?" His cool brown eyes are busy counting each and every coin, weighting each one with a greedy precision that'd make most scales blush with envy... "What kind of god is Typhon anyway?"

He's heard the Tyche version of him often enough, but those two don't get along too well, to say the least.

"Yee see any traps around, Klyman?" he whispers to their scout.

OOC: How much gold are we talking about here, Imperialius? Midgrim will also look around for any trap ready to maybe spear/crush/drop the unreligious.

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

Being as thorough as possible, Klyman scans the area out to about ten feet from the statue for traps. While he's at it, he'll check any/all doors/exits to/from this area, and anywhere else that looks like a good spot for a "Gotcha!"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Pity, I like it when it's easy. But if the kobolds didn't grab 'em up already, though, there's probably a good reason." Gargrim says while bending down to look at the coins.

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

OOC: So does Klyman see any mental/emotional traps? :)

"It looks safe to me, but I still think it's awfully fishy."

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Pieter shifts uneasily. What kind of people have I fallen in with here? Stealing tribute from the Gods? From Typhon, none the less?

"I... really would rather we didn't interfere. I'm sure there must be richer pickings in the depths of these dungeons for us to plunder once we've rescued Vindar."

Binder Fred

"There'd never be any pickings if'n we listened ta logic like that, Klyman," the dwarf pointed out before considering the priest, expectant... "And that's it? Yee're not going ta ask we offer anything ta it yeerself...? Not even a prayer?"

He seems somehow drily... amused? having come to some sort of internal decision.

Jimmy Disco T

First Post

Pieter moves closer to the statue, to examine the craftsmanship and detail in the carvings. It was fascinating to see something in real life that he had previously seen only in scrolls and dusty tomes. Reading and writing was difficult for Pieter, but he had always enjoyed poring over the intricate pictures and sketches found within.

"I have nothing to offer other than my service and devotion at the moment." replies Pieter to Midgrim's question. "My possessions and coins have been taken from me. As for you... you are welcome to leave a tribute if you choose. Do Dwarves worship gods?"

Binder Fred

"Yee're not much for the hard sell, are yee Pieter?" grouses the armored dwarf... "Although yee got ta admire a god who only cares about clinking gifts," he reluctantly admits. None of that wordy preaching for Typhon, apparently...

After consideration, Midgrim takes out a single silver of his own money and drops it on the pile as if even that little sacrifice hurts. "And the answer is: we invest."

This is for those next door, Typhon. Yee do good by them.

"Let's get out of here." He arhumph-ed back out, heading for the narrow passage to the left.

OOC: Usual walking order?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads