Eadric et. al. (The Paladin and his Friends).

First off, do you mind Wyre being used as a base in a home game? 'tis a great world ye created (still think you should find a way to publish it as a campaign setting)

I'd be flattered. Thanks.

Thinking of setting it pre-Cynric's Death

If I ever published, that's when I'd set it too.

Along a similiar line does Mostin's Player mind if Mostin is possibily used as an npc? Shall not do so if the player is not okay with that.

Are you crazy? Dan has a huge ego. I'd never hear the end of it. (Seriously, I'm sure this would be fine.)

How do dwarves fit into the world, if at all?

No dwarves, no halflings. Gnomes come in two kinds (wood and rock), and are feys. Goblins are feys. The monster palette in general is "classical": werewolves, feys (lots of 'em), manticores, giants, griffons - that kind of thing. Dragons are pretty much extinct.
Fourthly, can you give some more info on Thalassine and Shuth, mostly in cultural make up and the like please if possible?

Fourthly, can you give some more info on Thalassine and Shuth, mostly in cultural make up and the like please if possible?

In Brief:

Thalassine = Think polytheistic Renaissance Italy
Shuth = Think opium-smoking Egyptians & Blood Magi

Finally can you give some guidlines as to what is considered crimes in these era and the punishment associated? Am trying to figure out how things associating with devils would be punished if at all, yet am confused Shomei and her entry:

The distinction between temporal and ecclesiastical law is very important. Shomei would not be subject to ecclesiastical law (unlike Eadric).

I'll try to write more when I've got time.

Knight Otu

First Post
Cheiromancer said:
Toughness of Body
Spellcraft DC: 11
To Develop: 99,000 gp; 2 days; 3960 XP. Seed: fortify (DC17). Factors: grant additional +39 enhancement bonus to ability score (+78 DC), 1-round casting time (+18 DC), change from touch to target (+4 DC), change from target to area (+10 DC). Mitigating factors: 6 secondary casters contribute 7th level slots (-78 DC).

Maybe I'm missing something, but that adds up to 49, not 11?

Cheiromancer said:
Sharpness of Wit
Casting Time: 1 round
Mitigating factors: primary caster sustains 42d6 backlash (-42 DC), six secondary casters each sustain 21d6 backlash (-126 DC).

Sphere of Irresistable Magic
Mitigating factors: primary caster sustains 30d6 backlash (-30 DC), six secondary casters each sustain 15d6 backlash (-90 DC)
Mist of Dreams
Mitigating factors: primary caster sustains 30d6 backlash (-30 DC), six secondary casters each sustain 15d6 backlash (-90 DC)
Call Graz’zt
Mitigating factors: primary caster sustains 42d6 backlash (-42 DC), six secondary casters each sustain 21d6 backlash (-126 DC)

Whow! Even with Toughness of body and the house rule to apply backlash to casting time instead of duration, that is still a huge amount. Better keep a lot of curing potions ready...

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
Quite right about on both counts, Knight Otu. You need flunkies with wands of cures, or a high level druid or cleric who has lots of Heal spells prepped.

The Toughness of Body is very tinkerable, depending on how many secondary casters you have, and how epic spell development works in your campaign. According the ELH it is 9000 gp per point of spellcraft, so you probably want it to be as cheap as possible. But if player wealth at high levels is handled by paper transactions (as in Sep's game), well, things might be different.

Lela

First Post
From 72 to 432 damage. Average of 216. One thing's for sure, don't let Toughness of Body get dispelled or, worse, disjoined. Insta-death.

Kaodi

Hero
Epic Spells

Does it occur to anyone else, that if you really wanted to be mean, hehehe, that you would charge the development cost of epic spells based on their DC *before* mitigating factors? I mean, come on, a measly ~100,000 gp and ~4000 xp for a spell that enhances a large number of peoples intelligence by +64! That's insane, hehehe...

grodog

Hero
That's an excellent suggestion Kaodi---and it follows nicely that while developing epic spells the casters are experimenting and refining their formulas, and therefore would have to pay the more expensive cost vs. the costs for the final form of the most-twinked spell cost!

Arpopos of nothing, Sep, I was rereading some old threads and if you've got a few spare minutes, I'd still love to see what Troap looks like, and also how Wyrish goblins differ from their standard D&D counterparts (beyond the fact that they're feys) :D

Remove ads