Eberron: Curse of the Cold Sun (game thread)

81Dagon

Explorer
The afternoon sun beats down on you; the air is hot and stale. The sparsely settled lands of Elsir Vale are starting to grow monotonous, with a seamingly endless line of muggy flyspecks of towns. The town of Drellin's Ferry lies a few miles ahead of you. It's the southeast-most settlement of New Galifer and you destination at the behest of House Orien, bordering the east of the Witchwood jungle.

[sblock=OCC]Please post your introduction, along with the colour you would like your token to be on the map and which one of the red outlined squares you would like to start in. You are travelling in a south-east direction.

Link to OCC thread.[/sblock]
[sblock=map] Screen Shot 2013-05-16 at 11.23.56 PM.png[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
[sblock]You can put Albion in front at H10 and make him light blue/cyan I guess if possible. I'll use that color to denote speech in my posts as well.[/sblock]

The Mercenary rides along at the front of the group. Eyes rimmed with worry lines flickering back and forth watching the surrounding jungle for trouble. He smokes a cheap cigar occasionally puffing smoke at the insects buzzing about. His broad brimmed hat shields him from the worst of the sun, but his face still sweats in the muggy heat. His mix of gear and uniform mark him as a veteran of multiple campaigns though the only insignia he bares is an iron symbol of the Sovereign Host wielded to the spiked shield on his arm. He could use a shave and haircut, but his gear is well maintained and his things are neatly stowed on his back. He wears a longsword on his hip and a bow at has back. He is lean and wiry and looks like a million other farm boys who went off to fight in the last war. Something in his demeanor suggests that he carries some hard memories from that time. His gray horse plods along head low in leather barding also not used to the heat here. He wipes his brow on his sleeve and takes a pull from a flask. The reek of alcohol is strong from it.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
[sblock=OOC]I had planned on using more than one colour for Sark: a main colour, maybe this yellow for Sark those rare times he is in his changeling guise. For "Arthun Logale" , something a little different, like this colour. I will update this post in a while with my in character stuff.[/sblock]

81Dagon

Explorer
[Sblock=OCC]Also, please roll perception checks. Right spots for the markers?[/Sblock]

[sblock=map]Screen Shot 2013-05-17 at 9.50.44 AM.png[/sblock]

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
Curse of the Cold Sun
Boom-boom Ryder
Goblin Artificer 5
HP 39/39

Boom-boom carreens back and forth over the rest of the group, keeping a sharp eye out from his elevated position, in the cockpit of his fixed-wing gun Bangarang, about 40ft up. The only wind that tostells the wiry, yellow-blond hair sticking out over his pronounced and pointy ears, is the mugginess he is passing through. He squints his goggled, beady yellow eyes out from under the dark gray brim of a bluish-black steel half helm with a tiny spear-point on top. His pale blue skin is covered with a sheen of grimmey sweat, and his tongue is sticking out the side of his overly wide mouth like a dog with his head sticking out the window of a speeding lightning rail with utter exuberance. He has a tiny shield strapped to his left arm and is holding a miniature version of the gun he is riding on in his two right hands, (yes he has two right arms). He calls down to the group in his raspy high pitched tone, "This reminds me of the same jungle we were flying through yesterday! Are we there yet?"

[sblock=OOC]Zark has blue skin with yellow hair/eyes/teeth so of course the 1st 2 colors taken would have to be blue and yellow :p so I'll be going with Green then. Perception=21 I don't know if Boom-boom would get a circumstance bonus to his perception for being high in the air. I'll be at G9 but 40ft up.[/sblock]

Last edited:

81Dagon

Explorer
As the road crests a small rise and descends into a dusty grove in a large, shallow dell you see an abandoned farmhouse, partially visible through the jungle, stands on one side of the road. You've passed a dozen spots much like this one already today, but despite Zark’s jests, this one feels wrong. Then he glimpses the glint of mail in the underbrush by the side of the road from his high seat in the canopy. Fierce warriors - tall, hairy hobgoblins with wide mouths and flat faces -are lying in wait with skeletally, black haired wolf at their side!
[sblock=OCC]Roll for initiative[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]Screen Shot 2013-05-17 at 11.56.40 AM.png[/sblock]

Davachido

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] As Albion White, befitting his name he should have a white circle to represent him. I'll go to H9. My thoughts will be in italics my speech in bold. [/sblock]

White looks up to boom. "No my friend, we still have a ways to go. You can see further than us from up there so you know that answer better than any of us" he answers happily.

Albion white is clad in his usual dark clothing and a chain mail centre piece. He has a pair of elbow long gloves and knee high boots, whereas on his torso over his chain mail he wears a black hood cloak. The hood is usually down though. White cheerfully is plodding along with the rest of the group. Keeping an eye out for anything hostile but doesn't think it should be too bad along the road. He links his fingers together and stretches his arms up over his head. "Oh what a wonderful day, I doubt anything can be here to... ruin.. it?" White's eyes suddenly dart from tree to tree.

Ah.. great, just when I was about to suggest a picnic.

White's fingers are already on his weapon to attack, his eyes locked on his targets. Everyone he estimated was in range for him to attack, so he did not need to worry about moving.

Come on get us.

Initiative:
1d20+7=15

Kaodi

Hero
A few steps behind the mercenary on his steed, another man had been following on foot: human, and somewhat shy of six feet. His hair and beard are a rich yellow-gold and frame a long face with a squarish jaw, likely one with a good deal of Aundair's blood. Hard, blueish-grey eyes dart around as they identify attackers.

He does not exactly appear to be the best equipped for heavy melee, though a glint from beneath his fine-looking clothes betrays a shirt of fine silvery links. A shortsword and dagger are clearly belted at his waist, with a shortbow and quiver strapped across his deep green heavy hooded cloak (which is currently down), along with some kind of haversack.

"I am somewhat impressed these Darguuni-types have managed ambush us," says the man his companions know as 'Arthun Logale' as his hand moves towards his blade.

Initiative: 1d20+6=21

Vertexx69

First Post
Farmhouse Round 0
Boom-boom Ryder
Goblin Artificer 5
HP 39/39

Bangarang's ruby red, crystaline eyes dart to the left and right to the many foes advancing on their position. "The mobile carbons to either side of the road seem intent on a quantifiable amount of mayem." Boom-boom swings his gun the left as he telepathically instructs his friend where he'll want to be. The gun pivots on its center axis, bringing its business end to bare on the enemies to the northeast. Steam flows from the vents on the guns under carriage when it stops. "It looks to be six of my distant third cousins, twice removed, from my mother's side, and they have a nasty dog-thing with them! Kill it kill it!"
[sblock=Actions]Free: Speak
Swift: ...
Move: ...
Standard: ...[/sblock][sblock=OOC]Mounted Combat Info: Ride check +15 to negate the 1st hit each round that would strike Bangarang.

Bangarang will speak in Light Green Italics Initiative=9.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Perception (1d20+11=29)

Initiative (1d20+6=20)

Bertram slips from the horse's back with a quick command "Dusky stay". He pulls his bronze sword and readies his shield. The shield strap is cleverly made to enable him to quickly slide it into place. "One of you lot been sleepin' with a Hobgoblin chieftain's daughter or something?", he grouses around the cigar clinched between his teeth.

[sblock=OOC]I guess his mount takes up H10 and I11 so Bertam will dismount to I10. Actions-Dismount is Move, with the two weapon fighting feat he can ready a one handed and a light weapon as part of a move action. So he's ready to fight, but will have to wait for them to come to him. He'll use the mount as some cover from the east if they use ranged attacks.[/sblock]

Remove ads