Eberron: Curse of the Cold Sun (game thread)

81Dagon

Explorer
[sblock=occ]Yeah it is. Likely going to take at least until november to get everything back. Gaahh... Thanks for understanding. I know that it sucks to have things slow down so often.[/sblock]

Vela:
"It's starting to be. In theory, the Last War never reached out here, but in reality, renegades have always fled out into the jungles. We seem to be in the sights of some sort goblin mercenaries. No one knows much about them though. I've seen there mercenaries who worked for Cyre before on the Plains, but theses ones are different. They wield strange magic and seek to tame the thunderbeasts for themselves. That alone is enough for me not to like them."

Bertram:
"Absolutely!" exclaims the halfling, "The road doesn't appear to have been kind to you. Would you prefer Aundairian or Karrn? We have both in the pantry. It looks like you need some rest first and then we can even things up after you are rejuvenated."

White and Arthun:
Neither traveller has to wander long before he stumbles upon the Old Bridge Inn themselve.

Kaodi

Hero
Arthun makes his ingress to the Old Bridge Inn and sees that Bertram is already making himself welcome. "Looks like you've found a nice little place to kick back while your insides recover from nearly being your outsides," he says with a small smile and a pat on the back. "I don't think those two are going to be bothering us any longer. Though I hear they've got a lot of friends who may decide to make an appearance as well sooner or later."

Shayuri

First Post
"Mercenaries," Vela muses thoughtfully. "I don't know. The ones we fought on our way in didn't seem like mercenaries to me. They had...conviction in their cause. Whatever that cause was. They fought without fear, even as the tide turned, and though one surrendered he was defiant even then."

She shrugs. "Maybe we'll learn more when they've gotten him to talk. He had a strange talisman on him...like a holy symbol, but one I've never seen before."

Davachido

Explorer
Albion White walks into the inn shortly after Arthun. "Ah it looks like I was one of the latest to return, haha, here I thought I had been relatively quick." White shrugs. As he came in though he has heard the last thing Arthun said. "If you mean the gobs, yea apparently there is plenty more where they came from. I doubt we are getting out of this town without at least one more scuffle. I hope we're all okay with that?" He says winking at Bertram.

Curious things are happening in and around this town... I wonder, is that the true intent of being here? Whatever.. I'll just wait for orders.

White makes a show of taking of his headgear and mask to reveal his face fully putting the rest of the things away. He pulls himself at the table the other two seem preoccupied at. "Who's your friend?" He asks Bertram about the Halfling.

81Dagon

Explorer
"Mercenaries," Vela muses thoughtfully. "I don't know. The ones we fought on our way in didn't seem like mercenaries to me. They had...conviction in their cause. Whatever that cause was. They fought without fear, even as the tide turned, and though one surrendered he was defiant even then."

She shrugs. "Maybe we'll learn more when they've gotten him to talk. He had a strange talisman on him...like a holy symbol, but one I've never seen before."
"Interesting. It could be on of the Dark Six, their symbols change all off the time. At least we know it is not some ancient goblin version of the Dark Ones, the first goblins were fiercely agnostic. You have riddles within riddles it seems... Is there any other way I can help?"

Scotley

Hero
[/COLOR]Bertram:
"Absolutely!" exclaims the halfling, "The road doesn't appear to have been kind to you. Would you prefer Aundairian or Karrn? We have both in the pantry. It looks like you need some rest first and then we can even things up after you are rejuvenated."

"I think I'd like to try the Aundairian for now, but I expect to give the Karrn a try before I'm through." Bertram awaits the arrival of the other in relative comfort.

Shayuri

First Post
"I don't think so," Vela says, and starts to turn to walk back...but then pauses.

"Unless...you...do you know much of spirits?"

Last edited:

Remove ads